Assistant Track Coach #496530
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 20111753 Position Title Assistant Track Coach #496530 Template Title Position Type Staff Position Number Department Track Mens & Women's Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Duties: Assist the Head Track & Field/Cross Country coach with directing and supervising the operation of the Men’s & Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country program within the rules and regulations of Lamar University, the Southland Conference and the NCAA. The position’s primary responsibility will be to coach, recruit and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach. The position requires a commitment to recruiting and graduating student-athletes, to running a program within budget guidelines, and to actively involve themselves in the community for fundraising purposes. The position reports directly to the Head Coach, is responsible for a variety of administrative duties, is responsible for the recruiting, retention, and graduation of quality student-athletes. Selected candidate will be available to the news media on appropriate occasions. Public information will be provided through the Media Relations Office in accordance with policies mutually agreed upon by the coaches, the Director of Athletics and Lamar University. Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Lamar University and Texas State University System rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.Minimum Qualifications
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Three years of collegiate coaching experience required. Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Must work cooperatively with staff members and supervisors. Must be able to tolerate constructive criticism and stressful situations. Follow Lamar University, Southland Conference and NCAA policies and procedures. Must be able to tolerate flexible work hours – nights and weekends. Must have a valid Driver’s License. A background check will be conducted and official transcripts are required of the selected candidate at the time of employment.
Reports Directly to the: Head Track & Field/Cross Country
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree preferred. Experience as a Division I student-athlete preferred. Specific experience coaching Division I female student-athletes preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary Commensurate Work Hours Application Information Posting Date 04/24/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? FAILURE TO EMAIL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PER THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY IMPACT VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: To claim Veteran's Preference under the law you must be: (1) a veteran, including a veteran with a disability; (2) a surviving spouse of a veteran killed on active duty who has not remarried; or (3) an orphan of a veteran if the veteran was killed while on active duty. If claiming Veteran's Preference, you MUST immediately email to [email protected] your specific supporting documentation at the time of application such as the DD Form 214 (member 4 copy), AND, if applicable, the Dept of Veteran's Affairs Verification of Disability Benefits Letter if claiming a service related disability, a DD Form 1300 to include qualifying Death, Birth, and Marriage Certificates if claiming surviving spouse/orphan. Your email MUST also include your name, position number, job title and the department for each position you are applying for. Documents received after a position closes will not be accepted.
- * What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Do you have 3 or more years of collegiate coaching experience required in Track & Field/Cross Country?
- * Which of the following best describes your level of knowledge of NCAA and Southland Conference rules and regulations?
- Expert: I can instruct others on the specific aspects of the rules and regs.
- Substantial: I can apply the rules under the majority of situations encountered without referring to the manuals.
- Moderate: I can apply the rules in routine situations, and refer to the manual for guidance on non-typical circumetances.
- Limited: I refer frequently to the manual for guidance on how to apply the rules.
- No knowledge: I have no knowledge of NCAA or Southland Conference Rules.
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2