HEAD WOMEN’S TENNIS COACH
Manage day to day operations for the Women’s Tennis program. Responsible for planning, supervision and coordination of all aspects of the Women’s Tennis program.Description of Duties
• Administers and manages the Women’s University Tennis program.
• Provides instruction and direction to the Women’s Tennis program.
• Oversees budget for program.
• Scheduling Tournaments.
• Arranges all travel aspects for team.
• Recruits student athletes.
• Coordinates or completes submission of all applications for official travel.
• Supervises team while competing on the road.
• Coordinates or completes submission of travel expenditure reports.
• Coordinates submission of scholarship processing forms.
• Other duties as assigned.Supervision Received
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
General supervision of assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.Preferred Education
Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within six (6) weeks of hiring.Required Experience
Three (3) years of collegiate Tennis coaching experience.Preferred Experience
Playing experience preferred (NCAA or Professional)Equipment
Use of standard office machines including personal computer, fax, MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Some work is preformed in a normal office setting. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. During course of day, can interact with students, faculty, and staff by computer, phone, or in person. Must be able to spend extended periods of time for practices and matches and be able to travel as job demands.Other
• Understands and adheres to all policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA. Assumes complete responsibility to ensure that the student-athletes conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in accordance with NCAA policies.
• Understands that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
• Attends regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
• Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
• Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment Category Full-Time Minimum Salary Commensurate with Experience Posted Salary Commensurate with Experience Position Available Date 04/23/2019 Grant Funded Position No If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date Posting Detail Information EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Link http://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20994 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document