Visiting Lecturer - Civil Engineering
Visiting Lecturer - Civil Engineering Job no: 497946
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Civil Engineering
Salary: Salary Commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Apr 24 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Lowell (UMass Lowell) invites applications for a Visiting Lecturer position for the 2019-2020 academic year. The Department is seeking an individual with the dedication and commitment to teaching and service necessary to provide a high-quality education to its student body. Primary teaching responsibilities will include Capstone Design, Construction Management, and Introduction to Engineering. The successful candidate will also be involved in advising undergraduate students, service and outreach activities, and active participation in continuing efforts to improve the department's educational mission. The appointment is for 9 months starting in September 2019. Opportunities exist for additional compensation by teaching in the summer months. Position is subject to funding.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell (UML), has approximately 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX, H/V, ADA employer with a commitment to faculty diversity. UMass Lowell is a comprehensive four-year university, strategically located 25 miles northwest of Boston in the northeast Massachusetts high-tech region. It is a Carnegie Doctoral High Research (RU/H) university and ranked in the top tier of US News' National Universities. The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department has over 380 undergraduate students and over 90 graduate students. An optional co-op program is available to undergraduates. The undergraduate engineering program is ABET accredited. For more information on our department at UMass-Lowell, please visit our website at: https://www.uml.edu/engineering/civil-environmental/
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Registration as a Professional Engineer and relevant civil engineering design and construction management experience
- Undergraduate and Master’s degrees in Civil Engineering
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Doctoral degree in Civil Engineering
- Record of successful teaching experience at the college level
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a non-tenured teaching faculty position.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include the following required documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement/Philosophy: Include a short statement detailing interest and objectives, professional engineering and management experience
- Evidence of teaching (syllabus, course description, class evaluation, etc.)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
- Submission of publications in peer-reviewed journals is optional.