Graphic Designer and Web Specialist - Continuing Education
Graphic Designer and Web Specialist - Continuing Education Job no: 499892
Position type: Staff Part Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary: $30 - $35/hour, commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Apr 24 2019
General Summary of Position:
UMass Lowell’s Division of Online and Continuing Education is seeking qualified applicants to join our marketing team. The Graphic Designer and Web Specialist will play an important role in the development of marketing materials to promote the Division’s online and on-campus programs. We are seeking a strong candidate with cross-functional skills in graphic design, print production, web editing and web design who can operate effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
Graphic Design Responsibilities:
- Design a variety of marketing and advertising materials including postcards, flyers, brochures, signage, social media graphics, web graphics, digital ads, email templates, print ads and more.
- Develop designs that are visually appealing and meet brand guidelines with appropriate colors, typography and layouts.
- Projects will include original design opportunities as well as production work.
- Conduct photo research and identify visually appealing imagery for design projects.
Web Editing and Design Responsibilities:
- Make general website content updates using a code editor, WordPress and other internal content management devices.
- Help to increase site speed, accessibility and SEO through best practices.
- Migrate academic program web pages to new responsive template.
- Design and code responsive marketing emails.
- Help improve brand consistency across website.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in graphic design, digital media, marketing, communications or related field
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with HTML, CSS and web technologies
- Knowledge of the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design and print production
- 3-5 years professional experience in graphic design across print, digital and web
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple assignments
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborator and team player
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and pivot between demands
- Knowledge of WordPress and ColdFusion is a plus, but not required
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited, non-unit position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants is received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Design Sample(s): Please provide a link to your online portfolio
- Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.