Coordinator, California Professional Nutrition Education and Training Center (Cal-Pro-NET) Fres...
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting Number AA2019-0696 Title Coordinator, California Professional Nutrition Education and Training Center (Cal-Pro-NET) Fresno City College (Categorically Funded) Extended Filing Deadline Campus Location Fresno City College Start Date 07/01/2019 Essential Functions of Position
The California Professional Nutrition Education and Training (Cal-Pro-NET) Center at Fresno City College offers training programs tailored to the needs of child nutrition professionals working in child care centers, day care home sponsoring agencies, adult day care centers, emergency shelters and at-risk after-school programs that participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
The Cal-Pro-NET Center at Fresno City College is one of three centers established by the California Department of Education (CDE), Nutrition Services Division (NSD), to offer training programs and technical assistance to child nutrition personnel.
The Cal-Pro-NET Center at Fresno City College serves as a statewide resource for the operation and management of the CACFP. The center’s goal is to assist CACFP personnel to obtain information and educational resources to run a successful and efficient nutrition program.
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. As of Spring 2018, we currently enroll approximately 24,000 students in which 58% are Latinx, 9% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 6% are Black/African American, 19% are White, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 8% are multiracial. Fresno City College is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Developing multiple contract proposals (scopes of work, timelines, budget summaries, task budgets, and budget narratives) in accordance with the CDE NSD and State Center Community College District requirements;
- Coordinating and implementing contract activities;
- Monitoring multiple budgets;
- Preparing and submitting quarterly activity and financial reports;
- Participating in staff recruitment;
- Coordinating staff work schedules;
- Recruiting consultants;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Coordinating and implementing annual advisory meetings;
- Serving on and attending department, college, and district committees as needed;
- Participating in local and statewide conferences and meetings; and
- Working assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends as needed.
- Master’s in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration;
- Bachelor’s in any of the above AND master’s in chemistry, public health or family and consumer studies/home economics;
- A valid California Community College Credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
- A valid California driver’s license is required.
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices.(NOTE: A bachelor’s in nutrition, dietetics, dietetics and food administration, and certification as registered dietitian, is an alternative qualification for this discipline.) Desirable Qualifications
- Management of federally funded programs;
- Child nutrition programs;
- Budget preparation, monitoring and analysis;
- Personnel selection;
- Customer service;
- Organization and implementation of training workshops, online courses, and webinars;
- Curriculum development and writing;
- Web development and maintenance;
- Working with a diverse student population;
- The related profession;
- Working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusion of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- And skill with addressing issues of equity.
- Work with minimum guidance and to follow-up on all tasks;
- Work a flexible schedule to accommodate work deadlines and statewide travel;
- Adjust to ever-changing state regulations and demands (flexibility);
- Problem solve;
- Communicate effectively with individuals from a culturally diverse environment;
- Be organized;
- Independently prioritize work on all assigned projects/programs;
- Work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment and handle multiple activities with diplomacy under pressure;
- Work independently and in cooperation with others, to exercise sound judgment especially when determining priorities and schedules;
- Drive own car or college vehicle to various California locations;
- Communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Contribute to institutional vitality and growth;
- And willingness to examine and remediate one’s relational practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students.
- Spreadsheets, word processing (Microsoft Word), Blackboard Learning Management and database management systems;
- The community college and its mission and goals.
Salary is $55,650 – $106,029 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,082 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teacher’s Retirement System (CalSTRS).Selection Procedure
Applications will be screened by Human Resources for completeness and to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement, a selection committee will review the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications then determine who will be invited to interview.
The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and College President for final interviews.
A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants.
For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 243-7100. For information on Fresno City College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 2695.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.Additional Information
This is a full-time, categorically funded position. May fill more than one vacancy.Additional Information about the Position http://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/2682 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement, and you fail to petition for equivalency (even if you have an approved equivalency on file with this district), your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Non-Confidential Letter of Recommendation 1 (Must be dated no earlier than 3 years before the filing deadline - MUST BE UPLOADED BY APPLICANT)
- Non-Confidential Letter of Recommendation 2 (Must be dated no earlier than 3 years before the filing deadline - MUST BE UPLOADED BY APPLICANT)
- Non-Confidential Letter of Recommendation 3 (Must be dated no earlier than 3 years before the filing deadline - MUST BE UPLOADED BY APPLICANT)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents