Request/Posting Number 0711960
Classification Title Director, Medical
Working Title Medical Director
Job Class # 373000
Type of Position Administrative Professional
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100% (12 month continuous position)
Department Health Services - 02540000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The Medical Director functions both as a staff physician and as the clinical manager. The basic purpose of the administrative functions are to plan, organize, and direct all Student Health Service (SHS) medical service, assure the provision of organized and quality health care at the Illinois State University Student Health Service, and to supervise staff physicians, midlevel practitioners, and other health care providers when they are seeing patients in the clinics.
Required Qualifications 1. Completion of medical degree (M.D. or D.O.)
2. Completion of approved residency program.
3. Licensure as a physician in State of Illinois.
4. At least three years' of experience in a large Student Health Service or a multi-physician clinic.
5. Possess the medical skills necessary to provide primary health care to students.
6. Effective communication skills as evidenced by a willingness to listen, take appropriate action, and be sensitive to broader external issues.
7. Ability to work effectively with the numerous professional disciplines represented on the Student Health Service staff.
8. Ability to work in a group practice situation with a team orientation.
9. Skills to participate in the Quality Improvement Coordinating Committee (QICC).
10. Ability to be flexible and adaptable by providing health care to a diverse group of college students and by working in a changing environment.
11. Ability to understand the operational needs of the Student Health Service and establish an appropriate balance between these needs and his/her professional practice activities.
12. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. M.D.
2. Experience as head of a Medical team.
3. Board certification, knowledge and training in a field of Primary Care Medicine that is applicable to college health concerns, e.g., family practice, internal medicine ,or pediatrics.
4. Administrative experience and service in a college health service.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees 1. Completion of medical degree (M.D. or D.O.)
2. Licensure as a physician in State of Illinois.
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Work Hours Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Proposed Starting Date: Negotiable
Posting date 04-24-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants Initial application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Christina Nulty M. D.
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Physical demands of this position vary with the work load. Ability to work quickly and efficiently to evaluate and formulate treatment plans, while at the same time being thorough and professional.
2. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
3. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.
4. Ability to distinguish color.
5. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.
6. General requirements:
Manual dexterity 20%
Vision / Color Vision 20%
Speaking / Communication 20%
Movement /Ambulation / Balance 20%