Human Resources Recruiting Assistant
Human Resources Recruiting Assistant
Tracking Code: 1096-443
Position Title: Human Resources Recruiting Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Anticipated Starting Date: 5/13/2018
Expected Starting Salary Range: $14.00
All supplemental employees are required to be part of the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System (MPSERS). Employees may be eligible for paid medical leave.
The role of Human Resources Recruiting Assistant, as part of the Human Resources office team, is to provide support for human resource functions including recruitment and orientation support for student, supplemental, and adjunct faculty hires, and office team support. This person will be a flexible team player, able to multitask and deal with interruptions, while maintaining a high work ethic, integrity and confidentiality. This individual must possess strong interpersonal skills, technology skills, and strong communication skills, both verbal and written. The ideal candidate will be able to develop a rapport with people, able to learn quickly, be detail oriented, accurate, and dependable, and be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with others.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Some post-secondary education
- Minimum of one year of related office experience
- Word processing skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft Word®)
- Spreadsheet software skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft® Excel)
- Database skills and experience
- Customer service experience
- Associate's degree in business administration or area related to the position
- Experience working in human resources
- Related work experience in organizing, tracking and reporting on information with special attention to detail
- Experience using an HRIS or talent software
- HR certifications (PHR, CHRS, etc.)
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This position is a part-time, three day per week, job share. Office hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Open until filled. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For questions or assistance, email [email protected] or call 231-995-2612.
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to reviewJob Location Traverse City, Michigan, United States Salary - 14.00 USD Special Instructions to Applicants Please attach resume then cover letter. All finalists will be required to complete computer testing including typing, MS Word and MS Excel.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency