HEAD WOMENS TENNIS COACH
HEAD WOMENS TENNIS COACH
Posting Number: SRGV3889
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Manage day to day operations for the Women's Tennis program. Responsible for planning, supervision and coordination of all aspects of the Women's Tennis program.
Description of Duties:
• Administers and manages the Women’s University Tennis program.
• Provides instruction and direction to the Women’s Tennis program.
• Oversees budget for program.
• Scheduling Tournaments.
• Arranges all travel aspects for team.
• Recruits student athletes.
• Coordinates or completes submission of all applications for official travel.
• Supervises team while competing on the road.
• Coordinates or completes submission of travel expenditure reports.
• Coordinates submission of scholarship processing forms.
• Other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
General supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within six (6) weeks of hiring.
Three (3) years of collegiate Tennis coaching experience.
Playing experience preferred (NCAA or Professional)
Use of standard office machines including personal computer, fax, MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Some work is preformed in a normal office setting. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. During course of day, can interact with students, faculty, and staff by computer, phone, or in person. Must be able to spend extended periods of time for practices and matches and be able to travel as job demands.
• Understands and adheres to all policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA. Assumes complete responsibility to ensure that the student-athletes conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in accordance with NCAA policies.
• Understands that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
• Attends regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
• Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
• Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/23/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/21006
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency