Director of Collegiate Services
This full-time staff member joins the Membership Team at Alpha Delta Pi’s Executive Office and supports many functions related to the sorority’s collegiate membership experience. As a member of the Executive Office staff, special projects may be assigned as needed to support the broader membership base. These projects would be assigned as appropriate based on the individual’s skills, strengths, and talents and could include opportunities to travel to engage with members through presentations, workshop facilitation, or other sorority events. This is a newly-created position, and the staff member will play a key role in further defining processes to support the collegiate membership experience.
1. Supervise Collegiate Services team staff members including Collegiate Services Specialists, Chapter Specialist, Leadership Consultants. Serve as coach and mentor to staff members to ensure project deadlines are met and to facilitate accomplishment and achievement within their positions.
2. Support collegiate membership initiatives as they relate to the sorority’s strategic plan.
3. Remain current on collegiate trends and best practices used on college campuses and by NPC sororities and share information with Collegiate Services team and district volunteers.
4. Manage the Leadership Consultant program including recruiting, hiring, training, visit scheduling, and performance management.
5. Partner with Senior Director of Membership and Chapter Specialist to manage and execute sorority’s extension and new chapter development efforts.
6. Serve as escalation point for questions/inquiries received by Collegiate Services Specialists from university administrators, chapter members, advisors, and parents.
7. Partner with Risk Reduction & Education Specialist, Collegiate Services Specialists, and district volunteers on risk reduction education and discipline process for all chapters.
8. In partnership with the Collegiate Services Specialists, monitor statistics and membership data for chapters, including but not limited to scholarship, university and National Panhellenic Conference member group statistics, and chapter visit history. Provide statistical analysis as requested.
9. Partner with the Marketing and Communications Team staff to promote individual collegian or chapter accomplishments.
10. Partner with Marketing and Communications Team staff to write and distribute collegiate specific communications as appropriate.
11. Partner with the Marketing and Communications Team to prepare and review content for recurring communications to parents and collegiate members.
12. Manage the collegiate award process for both individual collegiate awards and chapter awards.
13. Partner with Education & Programs Specialist and International Officers to develop programming specific to collegiate members as needed.
14. Work closely with other staff members to maintain collegiate membership records.
15. Potential travel to Grand Convention or Leadership Seminar (late June) as well as other events or conferences throughout the year as determined by supervisor.
1. Consistently demonstrate through words, actions, and interactions, alignment with Alpha Delta Pi’s values and strategic direction, focusing on the success of the Sorority.
2. Demonstrate a positive, problem-solving mindset with a spirit of teamwork.
3. Maintain high professional standards.
4. Promote the ongoing development of a service relationship with collegiate chapters, alumnae volunteers, International Officers, and all members of Alpha Delta Pi.
5. Maintain positive public relations within Alpha Delta Pi, among all entities, in contact with other NPC and NIC groups, university officials, vendors, and others.
6. Represent Alpha Delta Pi within related professional organizations as approved by supervisors.
7. Promote a sense of pride in Alpha Delta Pi and a strong sisterhood across the organization.
Suggested Background and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in higher education administration preferred or a minimum of 5 years’ experience with membership engagement.
2. Three or more years of management experience in leading teams or individuals.
3. Demonstrated project management experience in a professional environment.
4. Knowledge of Alpha Delta Pi. Preferred Alpha Delta Pi collegiate officer or alumnae volunteer experience.
5. Experience working in a cross-functional team environment or volunteer-based organization preferred.
6. Ability and willingness to travel as a representative of the sorority when needed.
7. Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, sound judgment, and decision-making ability.
8. Proactive, self-directed, and able to independently solve problems.
9. Customer service oriented and ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Outstanding organizational skills, ability to multitask, and work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
How to Apply / Contact
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please, no phone calls. Resume review will begin on May 10, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.