Director of Alumnae and Volunteer Engagement
This full-time staff member joins the Membership Team at Alpha Delta Pi’s Executive Office and supports many functions related to the sorority’s alumnae initiatives. The position works closely with staff and volunteers to support alumnae volunteer development, manage communications, and increase alumnae member participation and engagement in sorority initiatives. As a member of the Executive Office staff, special projects may be assigned as needed to support the broader membership base. These projects would be assigned as appropriate based on the individual’s skills, strengths, and talents and could include opportunities to travel to engage with alumnae members through presentations, workshop facilitation, or other sorority events. This is a newly-created position, and the staff member will play a key role in further defining the processes to support alumnae membership programming and engagement.
1. Supervise staff team members focused on alumnae and volunteer engagement. Serve as coach and mentor to staff members to ensure project deadlines are met and to facilitate accomplishment and achievement within their positions.
2. Support alumnae engagement initiatives as they relate to the sorority’s strategic plan.
3. Serve as staff liaison to International Vice President of Alumnae, Alumnae Resource Directors, and collegiate alumnae relations officers.
4. Establish relationships with key stakeholders and industry peers to remain knowledgeable about current issues and/or trends impacting alumnae membership base.
5. Develop tools for Alumnae Associations to promote outreach and inclusion of members of all ages.
6. Assist International Officers with review of alumnae programming to determine alumnae award recipients.
7. Oversee the development of and manage the onboarding process for new Alumnae Associations.
8. Manage the Alumnae Initiate Program and process Alumnae Initiate requests.
9. Partner with Education and Programs Specialist and International Officers to develop programming specific to alumnae members.
10. Partner with International Vice President of Alumnae and other staff members to manage the ReMember (alumnae dues) campaign.
11. Provide guidance to chapters in planning milestone anniversary celebrations and reunions.
12. Partner with the Marketing and Communications Team staff to promote individual alumnae accomplishments.
13. Partner with Marketing and Communications Team staff to write and distribute alumnae communications as appropriate.
14. Partner with the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation on joint alumnae engagement initiatives.
15. Create resources and programming for collegiate senior members to assist in the transition from collegian to alumna.
16. Work closely with other staff members to maintain alumnae records and document Alumnae Association activities.
17. Maintain Alumnae Association information within database (monitor and track active associations, fees paid to the sorority, etc.)
18. Oversee the printing and mailing of alumnae recognition certificates from Executive Office.
19. Potential travel to Grand Convention or Leadership Seminar (late June) as well as other alumnae events or conferences throughout the year as determined by supervisor.
1. Consistently demonstrate through words, actions, and interactions, alignment with Alpha Delta Pi’s values and strategic direction, focusing on the success of the Sorority.
2. Demonstrate a positive, problem-solving mindset with a spirit of teamwork.
3. Maintain high professional standards.
4. Promote the ongoing development of a service relationship with collegiate chapters, alumnae volunteers, International Officers, and all members of Alpha Delta Pi.
5. Maintain positive public relations within Alpha Delta Pi, among all entities, in contact with other NPC and NIC groups, university officials, vendors, and others.
6. Represent Alpha Delta Pi within related professional organizations as approved by supervisors.
7. Promote a sense of pride in Alpha Delta Pi and a strong sisterhood across the organization.
Suggested Background and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in higher education administration preferred or a minimum of 5 years’ experience with alumni relations or membership engagement.
2. Three or more years of management experience in leading teams or individuals.
3. Demonstrated project management experience in a professional environment.
4. Knowledge of Alpha Delta Pi. Preferred Alpha Delta Pi alumnae volunteer experience.
5. Experience working in a cross-functional team environment or volunteer-based organization preferred.
6. Ability and willingness to travel as a representative of the sorority when needed.
7. Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, sound judgment, and decision-making ability.
8. Proactive, self-directed, and able to independently solve problems.
9. Customer service oriented and ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply / Contact
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please, no phone calls. Resume review will begin on May 10, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.