Risk Reduction and Education Specialist
This full-time position will assess, develop, and implement prevention education and risk reduction strategies for Alpha Delta Pi Sorority collegians and alumnae; build and maintain a strong working relationship with Executive Office and Foundation staff, Grand Council, International Officers, collegiate advisors, and officers; and perform assigned duties in conformity with the Bylaws and Statements of Policy of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority.
1. Assess and develop prevention education and risk reduction efforts for the Sorority.
2. Respond to questions and concerns regarding collegiate and alumnae prevention education and risk reduction efforts.
3. Train staff and alumnae volunteers in various areas of Sorority policy, potential areas of liability, and the concept of risk reduction, as needed.
4. Partner with the Collegiate Services team to monitor trends in high-risk behavior among our membership.
5. Serve as project manager for all programs under the Fraternal Health and Safety Initiative and additional programming as developed or needed.
6. Facilitate the Sorority’s prevention education, health, and wellness efforts including National Hazing Prevention Week strategies, Behind Happy Faces, Sexual Assault Awareness Month and additional programming as developed or needed.
7. Research and propose additional prevention and risk reduction programming initiatives based on the needs of Alpha Delta Pi’s membership (i.e. mental health programming, consent education, etc.).
8. Partner with Collegiate Services Specialists and district volunteers on chapter discipline process.
9. Conduct yearly program evaluations and prepare yearly program budgets and funding proposals.
10. Travel as necessary as determined by supervisor to relevant workshops sponsored by NPC/NIC or other professional associations and organizations as well as Alpha Delta Pi conferences and leadership programming and chapter or university specific educational or risk/discipline related visits or programs.
11. Additional responsibilities as determined by the Senior Director of Membership.
Suggested Background and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
2. Experience in wellness education, prevention education, and knowledge of student development theory preferred.
3. Experience creating, developing, and assessing various programs in an undergraduate or professional environment.
4. Exhibit excellent customer service and professionalism, as well as communication, organizational, problem-solving and facilitation skills.
5. Knowledge of Alpha Delta Pi. Preferred Alpha Delta Pi collegiate officer and/or alumnae experience.
6. Knowledge of Greek Affairs and the campus perspective.
7. Experience working in a cross-functional team environment or volunteer-based organization preferred.
8. Ability and willingness to travel as a representative of the sorority when needed.
9. Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, sound judgment, and decision-making ability.
10. Proactive, self-directed, and able to independently solve problems.
11. Customer service oriented and ability to maintain confidentiality.
12. Outstanding organizational skills, ability to multitask, and work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
13. Effective at leading, organizing, and implementing short and long-term projects.
Apply for Risk Reduction and Education Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly