Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Date: August 29, 2018
Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Date Needed: January-February 2019
Disciplinary Area: The Department of Nursing at Hartwick College invites applications and nominations for several full-time faculty positions starting in January or February 2019:
1. Tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor, with expertise in Medical Surgical Nursing (generalist/intensivist). Teaching load will average 20 semester credit hours.
2. A full-time, three-year term renewable appointment at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor, with expertise in Medical Surgical Nursing (generalist). Teaching load will average 20 semester credit hours.
3. Two full-time, three-year term renewable appointments at the rank of Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor, with expertise in any of the following areas: Medical-Surgical Nursing, Community/Rural Health Nursing; Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing. Teaching load will average 23 semester credit hours.
4. Full-time, one-year term renewable appointment at the rank of Clinical Instructor, with expertise in Medical-Surgical Nursing (generalist), with preference in Geriatric Nursing. Teaching load will be 24 semester credit hours.
Specific teaching assignments may also include courses in pharmacology, health assessment, foundations in nursing science, and population health. The successful candidate must be committed to excellence and innovation in undergraduate teaching, and to working closely with students.
Tenure-track faculty are expected to actively engage in scholarly or creative activities. Committee service, including departmental governance, and academic advising are expected for promotion.
Minimum qualifications for all positions include M.S. in Nursing at the time of the appointment, an unencumbered NYS RN license and recent relevant clinical or educational experience and certification. Tenure-track faculty members must have completed a doctoral degree by the time tenure is awarded.
Preference will be given to applicants with a doctorate in nursing or a closely-related field, at least three years of full-time college-level classroom and/or distance/on-line teaching experience and additional areas of nursing specialization.
All materials should be sent electronically to [email protected] with Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursingin the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Date: July 19, 2018
Title: Lecturer in Nursing
Date Needed: Fall 2018
Description: Hartwick College Department of Nursing is accepting applications on a continuing basis for adjunct instructors for both our clinical and laboratory based nursing courses at the freshman and sophomore levels. Clinical sites include acute and long term care agencies in Otsego County. Requirements include a master’s degree in nursing, a bachelor’s degree in nursing, an unencumbered NYS RN license, and at least three years of recent clinical experience. Consideration will be given to those candidates possessing a bachelor’s degree in nursing who are actively engaged in coursework leading to a master’s degree in nursing. Prior teaching experience and/or prior teaching at the collegiate level is preferred. Duties may include teaching in the clinical and/or laboratory setting, evaluation, and collaboration with course coordinators.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. To apply, please submit one single pdf copy of your application materials inclusive of the content below.
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Diversity Statement – a statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/)
- and the names and contact information for three references (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor)
All materials should be sent electronically to [email protected] with Nursing Instructor in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.