Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Counselor
Under the general direction of the Director or designee, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Counselor provides comprehensive employee assistance to all employees and household members of internal and external organizations. Direct services include; assessment, information and referral, follow-up, short-term problem resolution, motivational counseling, case monitoring, in-house marketing to staff, consultation and training programs for a wide range of concerns (addiction, mental health, behavioral, work-related and personal problems which impact an employee's job performance). Position includes; on-call coverage; developing community linkages; marketing EAP services and developing bid proposals to prospective clients. Position will provide coverage for direct services and manage office when director is not available.
EAP Direct Services
- Perform confidential EAP assessment, problem identification, short-term/solution focused counseling, motivational interviewing, intervention, referral and follow up to clients
- Perform risk assessments. Provides crisis intervention, critical incident and stress support services. Review all high-risk cases in peer review with EAP director
- Consult, train, and assist corporate organization leaders regarding management of behavioral issues in the workplace
- Conduct EAP orientation, training, workshops and staff support activities
- Monitor the evaluations, treatment compliance and re-entry of chemically dependent and/or mentally ill employees, and provides consultation to Human Resources, and Employee Health Services re: Return to Work
- Consult with supervisors, managers and organizational leaders on employee job performance impacted by personal issues
- Promote the availability of employee assistance services to employees, their household members and work organizations
- Create confidential activity reports, and identify trends for corporate organizations
- Develop and present topic specific work-life/wellness programs for departments and corporate organizations
- Create linkages with counseling, treatment and other community resources
- Follow EAP industry standards, procedures and practices; maintains confidentiality to the full extent of the law
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master's Level Degree in social work, psychology, mental health/behavioral health or related field
- LICSW, and 3 year's of behavioral health experience
- Ability to travel to off- site locations. Some night and evening appointments. Provide on-call coverage.
- CEAP Certification
- Documented experience with EAP, EAP Core Technologies and chemical dependency. Bilingual.