Athletic Facilities Assistant
Athletic Facilities Assistant Job no: 499829
Position type: Staff Part Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Applications Open: Apr 22 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Athletic Facilities and Events Operation staff currently oversees the following athletic campus facilities: Costello Athletic Center, Cushing Soccer and Lacrosse Field, Cushing Field Hockey and Track & Field Complex, River View Softball Field, Mahoney Gymnasium, Edward A. LeLacheur Park.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist the Assistant Athletics Director for Events and Operations with all services related to the management of multiple athletic facilities and the Event Management of 16 Division I sports:
- Ensure all America East Conference and NCAA guidelines are followed
- Oversee part-time athletic operations staff
- Assist in scheduling management for events and practices
- Supervise external groups utilizing the facilities for events, etc.
- Supervise setup and breakdown of home athletic contests
- Prepare facility for external and internal events
- Assist internal departments, as directed, with logistical needs for event operations
- Assist with inventory controls for Athletic equipment, computers, keys, etc.
- Report facility maintenance issues and facilitate necessary action and/or resolution
- Ensure proper condition of all athletic equipment
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Frequent evenings and weekends work
- Performs various manual tasks in relation to Athletic Events
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years related experience in intercollegiate Athletics
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.