Posting Number: SRGV3885
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for developing and implementing a marketing plan to maintain and grow referrals from providers and/or physician practices to UTHealth RGV. Execute initiatives related to increasing loyalty and preference to the UTHealth RGV practice plan among internal and external provider referral sources.
Description of Duties:
• Acts as a business partner to promote patient volume at UTHealth RGV clinical sites in accordance with priorities set forth in the UTHealth RGV strategic plan.
• Leads initiatives to build volume and favorable provider perceptions among internal and external referral streams.
• Works collaboratively with the clinical practice leadership, chairs, and others to gather feedback/research and executes communication strategies to increase provider referral sources to send to patients to UTHealth RGV clinics.
• Develops strong business relationships with local community organizations and business to increase their advocacy of UTHealth RGV clinics.
• Works collaboratively with other system functions that interact with physician offices, including hospital affiliates, referral, provider recruitment, provider resources, etc.
• Establishes and maintain ongoing communications with referring providers and/or their office staff, including routine or follow-up visits, emails, and phone calls.
• Using research-based methods, implements strategies to build awareness and trust between UTHealth RGV practice plan and applicable referral sources.
• Identifies referral sources (target audiences) for each UTHealth RGV service or practice.
• Identifies tactics to promote provider interaction and engagement including site visits, staff meetings, social events, grand rounds, referral dinners, CMEs, and other communication methods.
• Gathers and interprets the data necessary to determine priority areas for growing referrals to the UTHealth RGV practice plan.
• Oversees efforts to ensure UTHealth RGV is positioned competitively to protect and grow market share. This includes routine analysis of the strengths and services of competitors.
• Measures and evaluates liaison activities including producing and sharing regular summaries of patient visits and their outcomes as well as their impact on referral trends.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, or Healthcare from an accredited university.
Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within six (6) weeks of hire.
Three (3) years of experience working with physicians/providers, medical practice office staff, or other medical specialties required.
Experience in healthcare marketing.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/25/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20985
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency