EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR NURSING
EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR NURSING
Posting Number: SRGV3884
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: School of Nursing
Scope of Job:
The Executive Associate Dean is responsible for the overall administration of all academic programs in the School of Nursing (SON). The EAD will also provide operational leadership and strategic guidance to associate deans, program directors and faculty, and will oversee delivery of student education, advising and learning services. The EAD will also work closely with leadership in the Division of Health Affairs. UTRGV is looking for a visionary nursing leader with extensive administrative experience as associate dean at a school offering undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Description of Duties:
• As a strategic member of the nursing leadership team, provides day-to-day leadership, vision and strategic direction for academic programs of the new School of Nursing.
• Acts on behalf of the Dean in the absence of the Dean.
• Works closely with the Director of Outcomes and Accreditation and the faculty to maintain accreditation status of the School of Nursing’s academic programs.
• Empowers the faculty and establishes a strong working relationship with them.
• Oversees the operation of academic programs to ensure a well-integrated plan of operation that is aligned with the Division of Health Affairs and School of Nursing’s goals and mission.
• Assumes administrative accountability for ensuring the quality of the degree-granting educational programs.
• Creates synergy across the responsibilities of the deans and program directors.
• Works closely with the Director of Outcomes and Accreditation for implementing a continuous quality improvement process for monitoring academic outcomes.
• Provides development, support, and guidance to faculty and administrators.
• Is a strategic member of the nursing leadership team that determines productivity and workload standards in consultation with faculty and other administrators.
• Works closely with the Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs to ensure recruitment and retention of qualified and diverse faculty and students.
• Manages overall academic budget; makes recommendations and implements actions that increase funds.
• Develops and implements enrollment plans as approved by the Dean.
• Responsible for all clinical affiliation agreements, adjunct faculty, and external academic reports and surveys.
• Responsible for all academic documents and processes including academic calendar, policies and procedures, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from the Dean of Nursing.
Direct supervision of assigned staff and faculty.
• Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited University and a Doctoral degree in Nursing or related discipline.
• Established record of scholarship, teaching, and service that qualifies the candidate for a faculty appointment in the School of Nursing.
Holds a current license or is eligible for a license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.
Five (5) years’ experience in academic nursing and higher education administration. Has demonstrated competence in nursing practice, higher education and administration.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 06/01/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20982
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency