Director - Financial Administration II
DescriptionJob Purpose: Plan and direct the financial planning, accounting and reporting functions within a college or a large, organizationally complex research or business unit in accordance with Institute financial policies. May include responsibility for research fund accounting functions. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.Major Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate and manage unit financial and budgeting systems.
- Manage the maintenance of unit accounts and associated reporting processes.
- Perform ongoing and ad hoc financial analyses and report results.
- Oversee unit budget administration and coordination including budget related reporting.
- Coordinate and facilitate audits of unit financial practices and records.
- May provide financial management support for research projects.
- Advise unit management regarding financial consequences of plans.
- Investigate and resolve unit financial issues.
- Manage training, development and staff supervision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Ten or more years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of accounting principles and practices, especially as applied within a university academic, research or business related environment. This includes skills in management/supervision, budgeting, planning, communications and customer service. Use of office and financial related computer software and applications is required.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: CPA
- Preferred Skills: This job requires expertise in the application of accounting principles and accounting management processes as they relate to financial systems covering purchasing, payables, and federal contracting within a research organization. This includes supervisory skills, skills in written and spoken communications, database management and use of office and specialized accounting related software and systems.
- Provide functional oversight of Costpoint financial system and eTime time reporting system including implementation, patches, and upgrades
- Process reconciliations of general ledger and project accounting systems to ensure financial integrity of data and timely month-end closeout for the Institute
- Provide oversight of financial activities associated with the procurement of goods and services on all GTRI funds, payroll and labor distribution, expense reimbursement, general ledger, financial systems, reporting, and revenue recognition
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: GTRI-Director's Office
Job Posting: Apr 22, 2019, 3:48:06 PM