Project Coordinator - DISCOVERe (Information Technology Consultant - Career)
Job Title: Project Coordinator - DISCOVERe (Information Technology Consultant - Career)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13715
Job Code: 0420 Information Technology Consultant -12
Job Grade: Career
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,372 - $4,600 per month
Note: This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support to the Fresno State community. Our department consists of a well trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the entire campusvar RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Working independently under the general supervision of the Director of DISCOVERe in Technology Services, the DISCOVERe Project Coordinator is a member of a work group supporting the DISCOVERe Mobile Technology Program for California State University, Fresno. This position will serve as the project coordinator for the DISCOVERe Mobile Technology Program that launched in Fall of 2014. DISCOVERe is an innovative mobile technology program that incorporates technology into the classroom experience to enhance the academic environment and to build skills such as digital literacy and group collaboration. Responsibilities include but not limited to monitoring ongoing divisional communication, meetings and events. The incumbent will interface and effectively communicate with a diverse group of people; provide advisory service; and serve as custodian of all resource information/files for unit activities; and maintaining an open and effective work environment and rapport as a key information resource. This position may be assigned a variety of other tasks including requirement's analysis, documentation and quality assurance testing.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$2','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$2');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Major Duties of the job include:
- Provide general consultation, respond to service requests and incidents and provide first contact resolution as it pertains to DISCOVERe
- Facilitate the escalation of service requests, incidents and problems reported as part of DISCOVERe program.
- Project coordination: assist in implementation of various aspects of the DISCOVERe project; coordinate and provide assistance to a broad-based group of campus constituents; ensure timelines are followed and serve as a project resource
- Provide faculty support and project coordination including participation in DISCOVERe subcommittees
- Collaborate and work closely with the faculty cohort including faculty leaders of the DISCOVERe Learning Communities and Director of DISCOVERe
- Ensure timelines and milestones are met in order to meet the launch dates for each semester
- Provide information technology guidance and recommendations as directed by the Director of DISCOVERe
- Coordinate technology and support requirements with the DISCOVERe Hub Manager and the Kennel Bookstore staff
- Support communications and working relationships with external vendors and various campus departments that also provide support to the DISCOVERe program
- Provide assistance in planning of events and activities
- Develops communication and marketing materials for faculty and students regarding DISCOVERe’s services and initiatives
- Maintain DISCOVERe’s communications (such as newsletters), distribute in a timely manner, and ensure integrity and accuracy of content
- Oversees day-to-day operations and leads work direction to student assistants
- Prepares monthly program reports
- Leads and facilitates subcommittee meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Secondary Duties of the job include:
- Coordinate and provide assistance for workshops, trainings, events, institute's, activities, and communicationsMaintain DISCOVERe websiteSchedule meetings and maintain calendar to prevent scheduling conflictsInteracts with faculty, students, staff and the communityMaintains multiple large mailings listsDemonstrates strong ability to use technology in order to streamline office processes and improve effectivenessDemonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serves as a liaison for the organizational unitMaintains a high level of accuracy and high attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of office systems, and ability to use a broad range of technology, systems and software packages Fluency in using standard office software packages
- Knowledge of related instructional systems, current mobile apps, software, and digital tools that enhance the student learning experience
- Knowledge of training theory and practices demonstrated by an ability to develop and deliver technical training and user documentation
- Working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources and training methods
- Basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions Excellent writing and communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, including the translation between the two Attention to detail and consistently accurate and thorough Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas and instructions Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of higher education university infrastructure, policies, and procedures Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel and PeopleSoft, and scheduling Ability to:
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, students, faculty, administrators, and the general public
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
- Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects while meeting deadlines Successfully work in a fast-paced environment Apply independently a wide variety of complex policies and procedures, including ability to approach common and unique problems using reasoning and judgment in developing practical, thorough and creative solutions Handle effectively a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature Interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist Compose clear and concise correspondence and documents in draft and final form demonstrating thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, spelling and professional business writing, including excellent proofreading and editing skills
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or similar coursework in applicable fields of studyThree years of progressively responsible experience coordinating projects and/or providing consultative support, recommendations and/or training
- Experience with Application Engine and PeopleCode programming
- Demonstrated ability to independently research and organize data; compile and edit complex written documents;
- Possess strong analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
May 20, 2019var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$10','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$10');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.