Clinical Coordinator/Instructor for EMS
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-048
Posting Start Date: 4/22/2019
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Clinical Coordinator/Instructor for EMSDescription/Job Summary The Clinical Coordinator/Instructor works with the EMS Program Coordinator to supervise and assess students’ progress in achieving acceptable program requirements. Duties include teaching paramedic and EMT course(s) and assisting with coordination of the didactic, lab, clinical, and/or field internship instruction.
An EMS Clinical Coordinator/Instructor is responsible for:
1. Monitoring student performance and providing resources to students
2. Teaching didactic and lab courses, and skills training
3. Assisting the Program Coordinator with all program activities
4. Assisting the Program Coordinator with accreditation materials
5. Responsible for recruiting and maintaining clinical/field experience Required Qualifications • Minimum of an associate degree – EMS
• Professional healthcare credential – NRP
• Experience in emergency medicine/prehospital care – 10 years
• Knowledge of instructional methods
• Teaching experience to deliver content, skills instruction, and remediation Preferred Qualifications • (10+) years teaching experience
• CPR instructor
• EMS Curriculum Design
• EMS Program Planning
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail