Noncredit Adjunct Faculty-Apprenticeship Instructor/Construction Electrician
Title:Noncredit Adjunct Faculty-Apprenticeship Instructor/Construction Electrician Posted Date:04/22/2019 Job Category:Adjunct Faculty Department:Apprenticeship & Applied Learn- HAAL Position Status:Adjunct Position Summary:
The qualified applicant will be involved in a fast-paced, educational setting, instructing Apprentices in the electrical industry. Instructor should have experience, expertise, and the ability to effectively instruct Apprentices in the different Electrical Construction aspects of the traded such as Residential, Commercial and Industrial Wiring. Instructors will provide support to students and fellow staff members, work in a lab setting providing hands-on instruction with safety in mind, keep accurate records of student achievement, and an ability to maintain discipline in a classroom setting.Required Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of the NEC, with a thorough understanding of Electrical Theory and Code compliance specific to Construction Electricity.
- A thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in installing and repairing electrical systems, controls, and electrical machinery and equipment in buildings, programmable logic controllers, and construction site wiring;
- Computer literacy with MS Word, excel, and databases;
- Must be a self-starter, creative in problem solving, exercise good judgments and ethics, and have superior customer service skills;
- An understanding of AC/DC electronics/electricity, basic mathematics, solid state and digital electronics;
- Excellent Communications skills.
lV. Specific Position requirements:
- Completion of an Approved Apprenticeship program, Journeyman’s license with documented training in Electrical Theory or a Masters Electrical License.
- Experience in the Electrical Construction trade as an Electrical Foreman, Inspector, supervisor or other active position.
- Designs and ensures that the required minimum laboratory exercises are conducted each semester.
- Prepare instructional material from the IEC curriculum that is to be covered in class.
- Assure that grades and attendance are recorded and are issued to the Apprenticeship Coordinator in accordance with IEC Policy.
- Counsel and advise apprentices regarding use of absences, poor classroom performance and other issues pertinent to their success in the apprenticeship program.
- Uses instructional media such as audio-visual (video) and over head, slide, and multimedia projectors.
- Oversee the security and safety of apprentices in the classroom and laboratory.
- Attend Instructor meetings as identified.
- Administers quizzes, test, gives homework and reading assignments to meet at least the minimum requirements set forth by IEC Policy.
- Strives to motivate students and facilitate learning by creating a positive environment.
- Communicates with the associated Community College all documentation as required.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and rules set forth by the Apprenticeship and Instructor/ Policies and Procedures.
This Job posting is in partnership with Independent Electrical Contractors.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]