Curry Web Developer
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-04-23
The University of Virginia Curry School of Education and Human Development seeks a part-time Web Developer with a proven track record of developing and supporting dynamic websites. The Web Developer will be responsible for the design and development of webpages aligning with the school’s brand vision and strategic goals. He/she will collaborate with Office of Communications and Marketing staff in all technical, design and strategic discussions supporting stakeholders across the school.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $60,000 - $70,000 Annually ($30,000 - $35,000 at 20 hours a week)
This is a part-time benefited position at 20 hours a week, not eligible for remote work.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own the overall user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) for Curry website. Responsible for content, adding new functionalities and executing improvements/upgrades on the site.
- Manage web site and intranet content within the content management system and take ownership for quality, timeliness, relevance and accuracy. Perform major and minor updates to the website, including page re-designs, web architecture, structure and navigation.
- Use knowledge of programming and server software operations to develop moderately complex custom programs designed to enhance user appeal and utility as well as the site's overall functionality. Monitor and optimize website technical performance. Optimize site conversion and ROI.
- Responsible for requirements gathering and articulation of user interface issues, including development of page/site prototypes.
- Project management experience working on a consumer-facing website and the proven ability to take ownership of multiple projects and drive tasks through to completion.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Web Development, IT or related field, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience in web site development and content management/development with strong knowledge of website structure, user experience (UX) design, digital trends and best practices.
- Ability to address moderately complex problems and use experience and judgment in selecting among authorized procedures.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills to convey technical guidance and information to users and to provide excellent customer service.
For questions about the position, please contact Paige Bridges, Curry Communications Director, at [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact Bethany Case, Academic Recruiter, at [email protected]APPLICATION PROCESS
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘Curry Web Developer'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for ‘Curry Web Developer'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).