Senior Web Designer/Front End Developer - 501725
Senior Web Designer/Front End Developer - 501725
The University of Richmond is seeking an innovative creative thinker to join its talented and award-winning in-house marketing and branding team. With the launch of a new national branding campaign, the design team is now looking to expand with a dynamic Senior Web Designer / Front End Developer — one whose creativity starts within them, and ambition drives them to make a meaningful impact every day. The Senior Web Designer / Front End Developer works collaboratively to provide high-level design solutions for intuitive and innovative online experiences across multiple digital media platforms through the design, development, support, and alignment of information architecture systems, content, asset management, and interface. All University of Richmond employees take pride in being a part of a vibrant University community, due to our distinctive surroundings, welcoming and inclusive spirit, generous and diverse benefits, and a supportive culture of professionalism.
Web Design and Integrated Creative Execution Responsibilities:
- Converts initial ideas into strong visual prototypes to illustrate concepts for creative reviews. Designs functional wireframe prototypes with close attention to the overall visual-level user experience, including content orientation, navigation, design systems, core brand attributes, as well as user accessibility, and responsive breakpoints across all devices.
- Designs high-priority strategic communications, creates campaigns and brand identities, and develops integrated visual systems to support institutional priority.
- Executes designs as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs, creative team reviews, stakeholder and partner intake, project managers, and leadership.
- Designs and produces graphics, templates, illustrations, icons, and other digital artwork for use in related communication projects.
- Recommends, researches, and develops custom visual imagery to support creative strategy, brand development, and execution.
- May conduct relevant project research and provide data, technical, and trend-based design solutions and feedback. Stays abreast of leading and emerging trends in digital communications, including communications, marketing, and branding best practices.
Front End Web Development And Production Responsibilities:
- Ensures projects are within established University guidelines, incorporate all identified stakeholder requirements and employ best practices in UX, UI, navigation, usability, accessibility, responsiveness/mobile considerations, search engine optimization, and optimal performance in all leading web browsers on all devices.
- Source, optimize, and catalogue project assets such as photos, logos, videos, and other graphic and multimedia elements for assigned projects.
- Contributes developing best practices for a variety of digital interactions and Web design solutions.
- Executes approved wireframes, designs, and related web and digital system projects within the currently prescribed standards Works closely with Web Developer, and Director of User Experience to ensure compliance, coordination, and accessibility specifications are met.
- Works collaboratively with the Multimedia team on integrating photography, video, and custom motion and animation assets into digital executions.
- Helps execute and design animated digital advertising properties Embeds a variety of digital ad tracking codes for metrics according to procedures. Designs destination landing pages for vanity URLs associated with advertising campaigns.
Project Management / Coordination and Collaboration / Skills Development:
- Participates in design team meetings, creative sessions, cross-platform design reviews, and integrated brand solutions. Provides additional information to team about web initiatives.
- Assists in establishing and documenting key project specifications. Adheres to all production and review schedules for all assigned projects.
- Stays abreast of current trends in web design, usability, information architecture, accessibility, responsive and mobile design, modern user-experience design patterns, and current web aesthetics.
- May perform other related duties, as required.
- Demonstrated mastery of typography, color theory, image usage and customization, and use of space.
- Thorough knowledge of leading OS systems, file sharing platforms, archival, networking, project management software such as Basecamp, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Additional work hours, flexible time commitments, and other accommodations may need to be considered or incurred to maintain schedules, commitments, professional development, independent travel accommodations, and deliverables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor' degree in digital, interactive, multimedia design, graphic design, or related field, and five years of proven and relevant experience in the design and development of websites and other related communications products. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered in lieu of required degree.
- Graphic design, user interface design, and information architecture experience required with specific and proven examples.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
Pay Grade 7 (Hiring Range $52,829.00 to $69,999.00 annually)
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation’s first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE