SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE
Posting Number: SRGV3880
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: EVP Academic Affairs Student Success & P16
Scope of Job:
To provide advanced and complex administrative support to a Vice President or similar level position and assumes considerable responsibility for office management. Responsible for many complex office decisions and administrative support, with minimal direction.
Description of Duties:
• Provides diverse and complex administrative support to senior level manager.
• Serves as liaison with other departments and external contacts.
• Supervises and provides guidance to clerical support staff or student workers.
• Responsible for all routine and non-routine administrative functions and correspondence.
• Composes, reviews, and distributes confidential and complex correspondence, memos, reports, and requisitions that are sent to internal and external contacts.
• Responds independently within scope of responsibility.
• Manages calendar and independently schedules appointments for the assigned supervisor.
• Organizes and maintains records and filing systems.
• May assist in processing various student forms and requests for the appropriate review and approvals.
• May provide general program information and materials to students and/or direct students to the appropriate student services resources.
• May assist in coordination, planning, and/or staffing of departmental meetings and events as needed for outreach, recruitment & education.
• Processes personnel actions upon direction of the supervisor.
• Oversees and processes purchase requisitions and orders, travel requests and reimbursements.
• Develops and evaluates complex records and prepares reports from a variety of materials.
• Monitors expenditures and income against the budgets, maintains accurate accounting ledgers and facilitates monthly reconciliations of accounts.
• Analyzes and prepares graphs and charts for management use or presentations about departmental or divisional activities.
• Coordinates and arranges meetings, conferences and committee meetings.
• Makes complex travel arrangements.
• Selects and recommends purchases of appropriate office supplies and equipment.
• Oversees inventory and maintains personnel records within department.
• Assists in the preparation of budgets and other periodic reports.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision by Vice President.
Supervision over other clerical personnel.
Associate degree in a related field or experience as outlined below.
Associate degree in Office Management.
Five (5) years of office administrative experience, including supervisory experience. Experience may be substituted for education on a 1-on-1 basis.
Experience obtained in a higher education setting.
Knowledge of use of personal computer, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Excellent, professional office environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/19/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20960
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency