ASSISTANT DEAN FOR ADMINISTRATION
ASSISTANT DEAN FOR ADMINISTRATION
Posting Number: SRGV3879
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: College of Education and P-16 Integration
Scope of Job:
Under general direction from the Dean and Assistant Provost/Chief of Staff, the Assistant Dean for Administration is responsible for managing the operations of a College or School and acts as the main contact for all administrative matters. This includes fiscal management and budget oversight, records management, data analysis and reporting, human resources, compliance monitoring, staff training and development, and other Dean's Office operations as necessary. As a member of the Dean's leadership team, the Assistant Dean participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of goals and objectives for the College and ensures adherence to the mission and policies of the university.
Description of Duties:
• Provides guidance and assistance to the Dean and Department Chairs regarding budget development, policy matters, compliance and other administrative processes.
• Oversees the management of departmental and program budget activity within the College/School.
• Coordinates endowment and special funding management for the Dean’s Office.
• Provides relevant data, statistics, and documentation to assist Dean and Provost with decision making and resource allocation.
• Assists the Dean with evaluation of enrollment data, faculty workload, and class size information to determine faculty staffing needs.
• Manages the hiring process for all appointments in the College, working with appropriate department chairs, directors and search committees to develop accurate position descriptions, post job announcements, process hiring proposals, and ensure proper training for staff and faculty involved in the recruitment process.
• Coordinates with Faculty Affairs and Human Resources to ensure successful on-boarding of new faculty.
• Oversees the management of faculty records for the College and ensures the Provost’s Office receives all required documents for the official records.
• Provides leadership, supervision and training for the academic and Dean’s support staff in the college.
• Supervises Dean’s Office administrative & accounting functions ensuring appropriate work schedules, evaluating performance and monitoring productivity of assigned staff.
• Oversees the administration of grants and contracts in the College and ensures accurate time and effort reporting.
• Assists with review and preparation of grants, contracts, and affiliation agreements in the College.
• Acts as primary liaison with other colleges and University departments regarding budgets, personnel, grants, research, and other administrative matters.
• Oversees financial and operational compliance of College activities with university policies and procedures as well as local/state/federal level requirements.
• Communicates policies, procedures, and guidelines to Deans, Chairs and staff as needed to ensure compliance.
• Serves as the primary contact for Provost’s Office to assist in preparing coordinating board reports and various other reports for internal and external parties.
• Coordinates with Deans and Department Chairs to ensure faculty workload requirements are met and monitors faculty assignments to ensure faculty compensation is accurate and does not exceed allowable threshold.
• Ensure business processes, including facilities and equipment inventories are reported accurately within the assigned College or School.
• Serves as part of the Dean’s leadership team participating in strategic planning and program implementation, special projects, identification and resolution of operation issues in the College.
• Serves on task forces or committees for university change management projects as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Dean, Assistant Provost/Chief of Staff, or Academic Budget Director.
General supervision from Dean and Assistant Provost and Chief of Staff
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
Four (4) years of experience in office administration or business management.
Similar work experience in an institution of higher education. Supervisory work experience.
Knowledge of personal computer (including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software) and standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Ability to work weekends and/or evenings as needed; Occasional travel is required. Demonstrated ability with independent decision-making and problem-solving as well as tact, diplomacy and judgment necessary in dealing with others.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/19/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20954
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency