Vice Provost, Online and Distance Education
The University of Arizona invites applications and nominations for the Vice Provost for Online and Distance Education. The Vice Provost will be instrumental in developing and implementing a strategic vision for online and distance learning at the University of Arizona. Reporting directly to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Vice Provost will work closely with senior leadership across campus to meet the long-term educational and enrollment goals of Arizona Online and the Arizona Distance Education network, and provide administrative and fiduciary oversight for these programs. Under the leadership of President Robert (Bobby) Robbins, the University of Arizona has established itself as a leader in online education, with highly ranked graduate and undergraduate programs. Arizona Online has quickly become a transformative and dynamic unit on campus, enhancing student performance and engagement through expansion of online and distance learning opportunities for students who might otherwise not have access to high quality university education. As a Hispanic Serving Institution with distance sites in five Arizona counties, we have a strong commitment to serving a diverse community of students in Arizona.
Academic Initiatives and Student Success supports the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The candidate chosen for this position will be expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead the development, implementation and assessment of a strategic vision for online and distance programming for undergraduate and graduate students.
* Oversee programmatic and curricular development for online and distance learning and participate in a leadership role on digital learning more broadly. Work with colleges and departments to ensure high-quality instruction and delivery in all modalities, and at all locations.
* Lead a team of more than 80 individuals who support the marketing, enrollment, admissions, programming, student support and instructional design and course development.
* Identify opportunities for strategic investment that will lead to enhancement and expansion of online and distance learning programs, including programmatic incentives, geographic locations, staffing, corporate initiatives, student recruitment, and faculty and student support.
* Activate relationships with key profit and non-profit partners to develop direct pathways into online and distance programs.
* Serve as liaison with key campus partners, such as Enrollment Management, University Marketing, Business Affairs, Academic Affairs and the Graduate College, to increase online and distance program availability and student access and student success.
* Serve as the primary authority on state authorization for online and distance education activities.
* Facilitate all accreditation activities for online and distance education, and elements of the university’s reaccreditation.
* Within the Arizona Online program and the Arizona Distance Education network, oversee the areas of: -Digital Learning and Online Education;
-Distance Education Network;
-Student Recruitment; and
-Corporate Initiatives, Community Partnerships, and
* Earned doctorate and minimum of fifteen years of professional experience in higher education, or equivalent professional experience in higher education.
* Demonstrated record of accomplishment and leadership in relevant fields.
* Excellent interpersonal, organization, communication and managerial skills.
* Experience in staff development, leadership and management.
* Experience with academic issues, particularly with regard to instruction and curriculum and their impact on retention.
* Strong understanding of local, statewide, national and global educational issues.
* Demonstrated commitment to the core values of diversity, access and success for students, staff, and faculty.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively with campus and community constituents.
Interested individuals, please apply at: http://uacareers.com/postings/36966