Academic Coordinator, Curry School of Education & Human Development
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-19
The Curry School of Education and Human Development’s Office of Admissions and Student Affairs is seeking an Academic Coordinator. This position will work in conjunction with the staff and faculty to support efforts related to admissions and registration. This includes coordinating with degree programs and majors to specify curriculum requirements, managing the Academic Record, pre-advising prospective and new students, assisting with orientation and recruitment events and providing support for Registrar duties. The role will also manage the transfer credit process and will facilitate study abroad applications for pre-approval. Successful candidates will be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members and personnel throughout UVA and at the Curry school. Experience working with students in advising and/or admissions capacity is preferred. Also preferred experience working with student information systems and databases. The Academic Coordinator will need to possess good organizational skills, communication skills, and be able to work well in a fast paced and high-energy environment.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $45,000-50,000RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with degree programs/majors to specify requirements
- Acquire and maintain understanding of present degree requirements, policies, and processes relating to academic programs
- Manage official Academic Record (Undergrad and Graduate)
- Serve as staff liaison to Curry Curriculum and Program Review Committee
- Athletic-Academic compliance with courses and enrollment requirements
- Liaison between the College new general education requirements and Curry
Student academic support
- Pre-advising prospective and new students
- Pre-advising (UG) for internal/external transfers regarding requirements and pre-requisites
- Support Director of Student Affairs for recruiting events
- Assist with onsite recruiting students
- Support summer orientation for undergraduates related to academic requirements (e.g., pre-advising, transfer credits, pre-requisites) and scheduling appointment times for registration
- Student records maintenance
- Manage UG and Grad transfer credits
- Facilitate Study Abroad applications for pre-approval
- Provide back-up capability for Registrar functions (e.g., add/drops, exceptions to requirements, inputting advisors, processing non-degree application forms, course scheduling) (e.g., general information, reception)
- Access and interface data systems for special projects
- Bachelor's degree
- At least two years of experience.
- Experience working with students in advising and/or admissions capacity.
- Experience working with student information systems and databases.