Adjunct Faculty in Bilingual Education and ESL
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-04-19
Job TitleAdjunct Faculty in Bilingual Education and ESLAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentDepartment Of Educator & Leadership PreparationProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
The Department of Educator and Leadership Preparation is seeking a non-tenure track Adjunct faculty position in Bilingual Education for 2019 - 2020. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in Bilingual Education, depending on qualifications. Candidates must have a strong background in bilingual education and English as a Second Language (ESL) education as well as experience with curriculum and teaching in elementary and/or secondary public U.S. schools. The adjunct faculty will prepare and teach the assigned class following a syllabus guideline. The faculty will maintain appropriate records, assign earned grades, report needed data to the department, and complete all necessary development assessment information. Teaching availability during the day; although evening availability will be considered.
- Master’s Degree required with 18 graduate hours in Bilingual Education (Spanish) or Teaching English as a second language (TESL), or Applied linguistics
- Candidates must be knowledgeable of the theoretical and pedagogical understandings regarding teaching bilingual and ESL content
- Candidates must have background knowledge of working with culturally and linguistically diverse populations
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written Spanish
- Candidates must have successful experience in college teaching
- Earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) from a regionally accredited college or university
- Teaching Experience in Pk-12 Bilingual and/or ESL settings strongly preferred
- Experience supervising clinical or practicum experience in bilingual and ESL education settings
- Working with pre-service teachers
- Experience in training or providing professional development
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Experience or interest in student recruitment, cohort building
- Teaching undergraduate courses focused on bilingual education and ESL, including online and hybrid formats
- Teaching graduate courses on bilingual education and ESL, including online and hybrid formats
- Working with lead faculty and advising students
Once selected, applicants will be required to submit additional documents which may include three original professional letters of recommendation and official transcripts from each degree-granting institution. Unofficial transcripts are accepted by email before the hiring process is complete. Prior to issuing a letter of appointment, official transcripts must be received directly from each degree-granting institution by the Search Committee at the address listed below. Letters of recommendations must also be sent to the address listed and must be received directly from each author.
Please submit materials to:
Department of Educator & Leadership Preparation
c/o Ana Hernandez
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224
email: [email protected]
E-scripts and E-recommendations will be considered IF emailed directly to [email protected] If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link: http://www.tamusa.edu/humanresources/job-opportunities/index.html
Please ensure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. Once application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made. In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.