Instructor - Medical Admin. Professional
Position SummaryWestern Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Instructors are responsible for preparing and providing quality curriculum, instruction, and assessment that leads to student success. Recognizing the diverse backgrounds of students, instructors foster student growth and prepare them for success in the workplace and/or a pathway to further education.
Instruction will be in an online format, Fall/Spring Terms. Essential Functions 1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect.
2. Instruction - Supporting Actions Include:
- Prepares coherent lesson plans which align with competency based learning and reflect knowledge of subject matter and the students in the course.
- Delivers course via multiple modes of delivery.
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction so that all students can engage with the content in a rigorous and thought-provoking manner.
- Assists all students in learning content knowledge in support of the College Core Abilities.
- Understands and incorporates a variety of teaching methods, assessments, and technologies that align with class objectives, course competencies, and program outcomes.
- Uses a variety of formative assessments to gauge student learning, adjust instruction, and provide timely feedback to students.
- Incorporates performance-based assessment strategies and other forms of summative assessments.
- Collaborates with other programs, faculty, and teams to support learning.
- Collaborates with all students and Western staff to retain students and assist them in being successful.
- Uses student feedback and other data for continuous improvement.
- Is accessible, available, and responsive to support a safe, positive learning environment.
- Understands and conveys the student code of conduct.
- Supports student success through referrals to appropriate student services.
- Defines and utilizes clear classroom policies and procedures that supports a positive learning environment and academic risk taking.
- Maintains labs, classrooms, and clinical spaces for safety, functionality, and sustainability.
4. Professional and Academic Leadership - Supporting Actions Include:
- Develops and continually revises curriculum that reflects diverse perspectives, core abilities and technical content to meet industry or regulatory standards.
- Engages in reflective practice.
- Participates in ongoing development to continually refine teaching methods through College trainings and professional development opportunities.
- Models the College Values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Integrity, Teamwork, and Respect.
- Implements the Core Values with the end result of student success.
- Actively participates in College initiatives and work groups (e.g. hiring committees, learning teams, etc.)
- Works collaboratively within program/department to support orientation, registration, advising, mentoring, recruiting, and other activities.
- Maintains necessary credentials and professional development in accordance with Higher Learning Commission, WTCS Faculty Quality Assurance System, other program accreditation or individual occupational licensures and state and federal law.
- Develops ongoing partnerships with students, coworkers, supervisors and the community.
- Uses College systems to maintain class records and develop curriculum.
- Uses data to measure quality outcomes related to student success and design improvement strategies as appropriate to maintain program/department integrity.
- Creates and conducts assessments to measure previous learning for the required application of credit for prior learning.
6. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or health related discipline required. (One of these years or 2,000 hrs. needs to be within 5 yrs. of hire date)
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of at least four years of experience in a health related office setting which would include: Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance claim processing, experience with supervising employees and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Work Hours: Will vary depending on program needs. Courses will be offered online for Fall/Spring Terms. Student advising meetings and attendance at advisory committee meetings are also required.
Applicant review will begin: May 6, 2019 Start Date of: August 2019 Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire) Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.