American Sign Language Instructor - Continuing Education
Position Title:American Sign Language Instructor - Continuing Education Position Number:10060027 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Cumming Job Close Date:05/02/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education is seeking an American Sign Language instructor to teach non-credit courses that are designed for adult learners. The instructor must be able to adapt to students with multiple skill levels within the class. The courses are designed to provide students with the necessary tools to become proficient in ASL. Courses typically meet one time a week.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Instructor will:
- Develop curriculum for the course including any supplemental material needed.
- Provide students the necessary tools needed to learn or enhance their ASL skills.
- Provide a hands-on class environment allowing students of all skill levels the ability to gain new knowledge.
- Determine the interests of students in the class and provides instruction to fit those needs.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the course.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable
- High School diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of experience in American Sign Language
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.