3YR TERM PROJECT MANAGER
Posting DetailsPosting Details Reference Number 96-31356 Posted Job Title 3YR TERM PROJECT MANAGER School Name Facilities and Real Estate Services Org Project Management Posted to the Web 04/04/2019 Posted Job/Salary Grade 028 Employment Type Exempt Hours N/A Position Type Full Time Position Schedule Varies Months 12 Position Length End Date Established Position End Date 06/30/2022 University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.School/Center Overview
The Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services (FRES) provides the expertise, business process, policies and standards required to plan, design, construct, operate, maintain and renew the physical assets of the University, excluding the health system. In addition, the Division, comprised of approximately five Departments, is responsible for the strategic planning, management and operation of non-academic University property, and collaborating with the neighborhood to create a safe, diverse and economically vibrant destination. With close to 12M square feet of space, FRES maintains 186 buildings on a campus of 276 acres, completes over 60,000 maintenance requests per year, and starts approximately 250 projects a year. FRES is comprised of the following Departments: Administration, Office of the University Architect, Design and Construction, Real Estate, Operations and Maintenance.
The University of Pennsylvania is implementing a campus transformation entitled Penn Connects (http://www.pennconnects.upenn.edu). This comprehensive, award winning effort is expanding the campus over the next 20 years, including the construction of new academic research and recreational facilities. In addition, the University has secured $300M in Century Bond funding and continues to upgrade existing facilities over the coming years. https://www.facilities.upenn.edu/
Responsible for the management of design, engineering, legal, construction, and other professionals employed in the planning, design and construction of capital projects.
* Responsible for the administration of financial records, and the development and maintenance of project budgets and reports.
* Responsible for the administration and maintenance of all contract documents, daily work reports, correspondence, change order requests, change orders, and related project documentation.
* Responsible for the verification of work performed and the recommendation for approval and payment of the amounts invoiced on behalf of architects, engineers, attorneys, building contractors, construction managers, and other consultants.
* Coordinate planning, design, engineering, and construction activities with representatives of the Office of the University Architect, Department of Operations & Maintenance and the various University Schools and Centers.
* Coordinate project progress meetings, issue monthly status and financial reports, update construction progress schedules, ensure that proper permits and zoning ordinances are obtained.
* Manage and coordinate the activities of the Project Committee for each project.
* Other duties as may be required.
Position contingent upon funding. This is one-time funding, and new staffing related to these projects will be on a three-year term basis with the potential for extension as the workload requires.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
BA/BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or field related to design/construction management or equivalent work experience may be acceptable.
At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience that includes supervision of building renovation and/or new construction projects and capital budget preparation and administration. Personnel management should be well developed. Working knowledge of project management software.
Skilled in Microsoft Office and capacity to learn new systems.
Proven ability to ensure the highest level of quality and performance standards are achieved in both Design and Construction.
Proven experience managing diverse project teams.
Strong initiative with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, delegate, work independently and/or as part of a team.
Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills. Think analytically and strategically. Ability to execute tasks efficiently.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job. Quick Link http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/44863 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- [email protected]
- Contacted by a Penn Recruiter
- Referred by a Penn Employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Other Social Media Site
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Apple One
- Recruitment and/or staffing agency
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Less than high school education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical School
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PHD/MD/JD or equivalent doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have related to this position?
- 0 to 1 Year
- 1 to 2 Years
- 2 to 3 Years
- 3 to 5 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 7 to 10 Years
- Over 10 Years
- Cover Letter