Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) - School of Business (MBA Office)
Department:: School of Business (MBA Office)
Locations:: Oswego, NY
Posted:: Apr 19, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About SUNY Oswego:
Founded in 1861, SUNY Oswego is a public comprehensive college located in Central New York on the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, 45 minutes from Syracuse. Named one of "Top Up-and-Coming Schools" in U.S. News "America's Best Colleges" in 2010, a Kiplinger's "Best College Value" for 2015, and a "Best Northeastern College" by Princeton Review every year since the first edition in 2003, Oswego offers its 8000 undergraduate and graduate students preeminent academic programs in the arts and sciences, business, communications, and teacher education. The College's success is built on providing students outstanding educational experiences with attention to a liberal arts and sciences foundation, practical applications, interdisciplinary approaches, independent scholarly and creative work, and skills for living in multicultural and global communities. The emphasis on faculty-mentored student research and creative projects is evidenced by Quest, a daylong symposium spotlighting original student research; a stipend program for students engaged in research and creative work; and the Global Laboratory, a STEM-based research abroad program at top-ranked universities around the world. SUNY Oswego is an unusually collegial and vibrant community and is in a time of wonderful opportunities with extensive facilities construction and renovation, a forward-looking strategic plan, and expanded outreach to regional, national, and international communities.
Additional information about SUNY Oswego can be found at www.oswego.edu.
Oswego is committed to enhancing its diversity. SUNY Oswego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively engaged in recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. We encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim SUNY status, or criminal conviction. Please click here to see our full non-discrimination policy.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to work in the United States per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Requests for reasonable accommodations of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Human Resources Office by calling 315-312-2230 or emailing [email protected]
For Campus Safety information, please click here to see the Annual Security and Fire Report (Clery) on the Human Resources Website.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
The School of Business, MBA Office at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications to fill a full time Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) position, Grade 09.
Posting Date: April 19, 2019
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $36,772/year. Commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, the State University of New York provides an excellent benefit package. Please click here for more information on benefits for full-time CSEA professional.
Date of Appointment: As soon as possible.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Mail-drop off, pick up, daily distribution
- Phone, walk in, email inquiries of prospective/matriculated students
- Answer initial inquiries of prospective students, schedule advisement meetings, gather necessary documents required for advising.
- Maintain calendars for MBA Director & Advisor
- Monitor Director's calendar for Oswego & Syracuse Branch Campus offices, prepare necessary paperwork for day's meetings.
- Create, maintain & update multiple spreadsheets and files
- Manage student files as they become eligible to graduate
- Inventory office supplies, order when needed
- Work with Publication Office on stationary, envelopes, business cards, special projects
- Work with outside vendors to order promotional products, arrange payment, inventory items and monitor for re-order
- Assist MBA Director, Advisor and Administrative Aide, as well as faculty on daily basis
- Process & monitor admission applications via Slate program. Create files, schedule interviews, request additional documentation as needed. Distribute applications to necessary committee members, finalize application process with Graduate Studies Office.
- Prepare & maintain SRC cohort files &spreadsheets
- Assist in planning and implementation of several MBA/School of Business events throughout the year
- Work closely with Grad Office, School of Business Department office/Dean's Office, Registrars and various other offices on and off campus
- Copy, scan, fax, print, file
- Monitor Banner, myOswego and Slate
- Gather data for reports, spreadsheets, and meetings as needed
- Gather supplies for offsite/out of town events attended by Director/Advisor
- Maintain key log for MBA Suite
- Supervise GA duties/time/schedule
- Fill in for Department Office as needed
- Assist in filling in gaps during absence of MBA Advisor
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must be permanent competitive or 55 b/c employees of New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
One year of permanent competitive service as an Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) OR be reachable on the Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) eligible list OR have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the law.
70.1 transfer or reinstatement:
One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) OR have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title within two salary grades of the target title that is eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law.
Permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding).
One year of permanent competitive service as Data Entry Machine Operator, Data Entry Machine Operator (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 1, Keyboard Specialist 1 (Chinese Language), Keyboard Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 1 or Trainee 2, Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding), Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (Chinese Language), or Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (Spanish Language).
Conditions of Employment:
This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Candidates should be aware that a preferred list, transfer list, placement roster and/or reemployment roster of laid off State employees may be certified against this vacancy by the Department of Civil Service.
For more details, reference New York State Department of Civil Service, Job Title Code # 2581210, Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding), and Grade 9.
If you have any questions about the position, please call or e-mail:
Submit a cover letter addressing qualifications, CV/resume, and contact information for three professional references (only the three referees listed in your Interview Exchange application can be considered and contacted) electronically by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please click here to login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
Please click CONTACT US if you need assistance applying through this website.