Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy ID S2417 Job Title ADMISSION COUNSELOR Department Admission School/Parent Organization Enrollment Management Parent Org Division Enrollment Management Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 06/10/2019 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.20 Normal Start Time 08:30 Normal End Time 17:00 Position/Job Summary
Provide assistance with various admissions programs in support of enrollment goals. Plan and execute recruitment activities and represent the College, working directly with prospective students and families, school counselors, and other constituents. Travel to recruitment and admission events at various venues such as high schools, fairs and college programs to meet goals set for assigned market regions and academic programs. Plan and participate in recruitment activities including information sessions, open house programs, interviews, and other outreach. Review applications, counsel applicants throughout the admission process, and ensure timely admission decisions. Perform functional responsibilities as assigned; meet established numerical and qualitative goals.Position/Job Responsibilities
1. Participate in the management of an assigned travel region to include planning and implementing recruitment activities in assigned market regions based on review of high schools, socioeconomic characteristics, alumni presence, recent enrollment history and other relevant considerations in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
2. Schedule and participate in recruitment travel to assigned regions and represent the College at recruitment and admission events at various venues such as high schools, fairs and college programs. Prepare and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences in various formats.
3. Represent Ithaca College at recruitment events for prospective students, parents, school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college admission process, and present information to various groups as assigned. Assist in additional activities such as on-campus open house programs and regional information sessions and receptions.
4. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
5. Establish and maintain personal contact by written correspondence, telephone, email and other communication vehicles with prospective students and families as well as with counselors, alumni, and others who refer students to the College. Counsel prospective students and parents on the admission process, programs, and opportunities at the College.
6. Develop working knowledge of admission and financial aid processes and of academic programs and student life.
7. Review applications of prospective students and recommend to the Director appropriate admission decisions; pursue necessary follow-up or activity in support of the College’s enrollment goals.
8. Develop an in-depth knowledge of assigned review areas. Meet established criteria, numerical and qualitative goals for admission decisions.
9. Develop a working knowledge of the College’s student information system and leverage available technology and data in recruitment activities. Document processes and provide written reports and analysis of specific areas of responsibility.
10. Execute responsibilities in a manner consistent with the service philosophy and orientation of the Admission Office.
Bachelor’s degree and previous admission or related experience; excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact positively with a diverse group of students, parents, and alumni; a commitment to quality teamwork; high level of initiative and motivation and willingness to travel and to work some evenings and weekends in support of recruiting events are required. Demonstrated commitment to creating a respectful and welcoming environment and fostering respect for all individuals. Ability to travel and possession of or ability to obtain a valid New York State driver’s license and the ability to meet requirements to drive a College vehicle are required.EEO Statement
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter, which should include a statement of interest in working for Ithaca College and its prospective students. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range $18.00 to $19.25 FLSA Status Non-Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes Quick Link http://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/15924 Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the role of diversity and inclusion in higher education, and why is it important for colleges to recruit a diverse incoming class?
(Open Ended Question)