Part-time/Casual Event Security Officer
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitlePart-time/Casual Event Security OfficerDepartmentDepartment of Public SafetyPosition Summary
Gettysburg College is seeking Part-time/Casual Event Security Officers to work for the Department of Public Safety. Position performs a variety of security duties for events, which include; monitoring events, reporting violations of law and campus policies, and protecting the lives and property within the campus community.Qualifications
Background in safety and security principles and practices is a plus but not required. Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and a willingness to interact with both the general public and our diverse student population are essential. Positions work a varied schedule to include possible evenings, nights and weekends.Special Instructions to Applicants
Application materials will be accepted on an on-going basis.
Status: Part-time or Casual
There are no benefits associated with these positions.Posting Number20100067CEEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post – Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times – Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun – Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser – Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News – Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter