Sabarsky Graduate Fellow
Sabarsky Graduate Fellow
Posting Number: S01266
To facilitate access to and display of works from Middlebury's permanent collection, as well as a loan exhibit about the Bauhaus featuring works from the Sabarsky Collection (NYC), to facilitate language study in the galleries, and to perform collections and exhibition research as well as other duties, as assigned.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
This is a term position with an anticipated start date of 09/02/2019 and end date of 08/28/2020.
- Work with faculty members in the department of the History of Art and Architecture (HARC) on all aspects of the Bauhaus exhibit, which features works from the Sabarsky Collection.
- Provide background research on exhibitions that will be developed at Middlebury, and research artists and objects in the museum’s collection.
- Assist the Museum Registrar with cataloging the museum’s collection and updating the collections database.
- Assist the Museum Registrar with scanning and photography of the museum’s collection, including art handling and supervising photo shoots by outside photographers.
- Present one public talk on a topic of your choice.
- Facilitate language study in the galleries
- Provide administrative and research support to the Museum Director, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree required; preference will be given to recent graduates of Middlebury College.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills required; must be highly proficient in one language other than English; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop essential; Filemaker Pro, digital photography, and scanning experience preferred; Illustrator and/or InDesign a plus; experience with web editing and content management systems a plus.
Prior museum experience preferred but not required; preference will be given to students who have worked at the museum during their undergraduate years, History of Art and Architecture or Studio Art majors, and participants in the Museum Ambassadors Program.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency