Administrative Coordinator, Academic Affairs
Administrative Coordinator, Academic Affairs
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Department: Academic Affairs
Division: Academic Affairs
Reports To: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Dominican University of California seeks a detail-oriented Administrative Coordinator to support the Office of Academic Affairs in the area of adjunct faculty communication, workforce procedure management, and database-keeping. This individual will serve as the main point of contact among adjunct faculty members, union representatives, and Dominican academic administration. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for tracking and reporting information about adjunct faculty status and class assignments; drafting and preparation of correspondence; reviewing and approving timesheets; and scheduling and recording meetings that relate to adjunct faculty matters at the University.
Duties include becoming familiar with the university's collective bargaining agreement for adjunct faculty; scheduling meetings with union representatives and other adjunct-related parties; serving as the Office of Academic Affairs representative for CBA and adjunct faculty questions and concerns; maintaining the adjunct faculty database and creating necessary reports - and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Serve as the primary Office of Academic Affairs point of contact for the union representatives and the adjunct faculty, under the guidance of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty (VPAA).
- Organize and maintain adjunct faculty database in Microsoft Excel with great accuracy.
- Communicate information about course assignments and procedural updates with adjunct faculty; answer questions from adjunct faculty members.
- Enter adjunct faculty information, payroll, and activity pay; monitor and approve adjunct faculty hours; run reports as needed.
- Schedule meetings, reserve rooms, prepare agendas, and record minutes as needed.
- Support the VPAA with tasks as part of the adjunct faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively support and serve a diverse population
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and treat confidential matters with tact and discretion
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel in particular and other Microsoft Office suite software
- Exceptional organizational skill and ability to attend to deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to produce work that is consistently thorough and accurate
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to learn new processes with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of basic office protocols and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Google calendar management and Google document management, including Google Drive, Google Sites, and Google Forms
- Familiarity with the academic enterprise within a university and demonstrated knowledge of key issues, concepts, trends, and policies in higher education
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by May 31st, 2019; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency