Director of Institutional Research
Director of Institutional Research
Posted: August 8, 2019
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Director of Institutional Research. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the: (1) collection and maintenance of data related to college activity and functions; (2) analysis of college and other data to inform planning and improvement activities; and (3) the preparation and distribution of reports based on these data and analyses.
This position reports to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. It is classified as Academic Support and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff association (PSA).QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, educational or social science research, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of recent experience in administrative computing, institutional research, education research administration, statistical analysis, or other relevant experience. Institutional Research experience in a college setting is preferred.
- Experience with tools and technologies used in institutional research. This includes: research design and implementation, statistics and statistical software package, survey design and implementation, management and student information systems, and report generation programs).
- Knowledge of relational database design and management and expertise in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and SQL Server.
- Experience with Jenzabar EX, Info-maker and Izenda report writer highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Collection and Maintenance of Data Related to College Activity and Functions
- Maintain all records and files related to research and assessment activities.
- Monitor the overall integrity of data, complying with state and federal requirements, taking appropriate steps to correct discrepancies when noted.
- Work with areas of the college responsible for data input to improve process for collecting and inputting accurate data into the data system.
- Update and maintain the college’s Outcomes Dashboard.
- Oversee the administration of the Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE) and other benchmarked surveys in which the college chooses to participate.
- Act as a clearinghouse for all internal and external requests for assessment related and demographic data
- Assists in the preparation, follow-up, and reports in the college’s effort to secure grants.
Data Analysis to Inform Planning and Improvement
- Conduct demographic and other studies to support marketing, recruitment, and enrollment management activities.
- Analyze measures of institutional outcomes and effectiveness and provides appropriate reports when requested.
- Assist in compiling, formatting and analyzing data to support annual program reviews.
- Assists faculty, staff and administration by providing data and information relevant to their areas of operation and to support college planning.
- Interprets statistical information to assist staff, faculty and administration in performing their duties.
- Collaborate with Academic Council and other entities to determine what measures to use in program and/or project evaluation, and recommend a systematic approach in obtaining data and transforming it into useful information.
- Annually, analyze measures of student outcomes for cohorts of students new to SUNY Sullivan.
- In consultation with the President, Finance Controller and members of the Executive Committee, provides enrollment projections for budget and other pertinent decision-making.
- Oversee assessment activities relative to student outcome and program review, including the administration of the Student Evaluation of Educational Quality (SEEQ) for each course offered at SUNY Sullivan.
- Compile and analyze personnel information to support human resource related activities, including Collective Bargaining and fact-finding, faculty and staff promotions, compensation, and benefits.
- Serve as a standing member of SPIA (Strategic Planning and Institutional Assessment Committee), participate with the committee in strategic planning and institutional assessment activities.
- Chair SUNY Sullivan’s Institutional Review Board (IRB), set the policies and procedures of the IRB, together with the other board members, oversee and maintain documentation on all research activities involving human subjects.
Preparation and Distribution of Databased Reports
- Prepare state, federal and college accountability reports according to documented requirements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare and/or provide data for ad hoc reports requested from other external agencies (e.g. College Board, Petersons, American Association of Community Colleges), that will benefit SUNY Sullivan.
- Report out to the appropriate bodies on the results of research and data analysis activities such as the Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE), and make the results available to the campus community.
- Prepare and provide appropriate reports on student cohort analysis, including the AACC Voluntary Framework of Accountability, SAM (Student Achievement Measures), and federal IPEDS.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of October 1, 2019. The hiring range for this position is $60,306 to $70,357. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity and e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to: