Capital Construction Budget Manager
Category:: Administrative Professionals
Department:: Design and Construction
Locations:: Garden City, NY
Posted:: Jan 31, 2019
Closes:: May 17, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
About Nassau Community College:
Nassau Community College (NCC), a member of the State University of NY (SUNY) system of Colleges and Universities, is a diverse and multi-cultural campus. NCC provides equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. NCC promotes positive efforts in recruitment to achieve equity and inclusion and is conducting a search to fill anticipated staff and administrative vacancies. All vacancies are filled pending budget approval.
The focus of the Capital Construction Budget Manager position will be to administer capital construction contracts and capital project budgets, payments and reimbursement claims.
The Capital Construction Budget Manager will:
- Assist in the preparation of capital project budgets, track capital expenditures against project budgets; review and process contractor/consultant claim vouchers and prepare capital reimbursement forms for submission to SUNY.
- Draft, negotiate and interpret design and construction contracts, assist in compiling and preparing contract bid documents; ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions and interpret contract provisions.
- Draft correspondence and financial spreadsheets, compile and analyze project data and historical information. Prepare reports and graphic material to represent projects and related financial data.
Minimum qualifications include ONE of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering or related field AND minimum of five (5) years experience in construction contract and budget administration; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and minimum of five (5) years experience in construction contract and budget administration; OR
- Ten (10) years experience in the construction industry with a minimum of five (5) years in construction contract and budget administration.
Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge and experience preparing and managing capital construction budgets including the accounting of project expenditures against budgets;
- Knowledge of requirements for acquiring professional design and construction services in accordance with current New York State and Nassau County regulations;
- Skill in negotiating, writing and interpreting contractual agreements;
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and work with management, contractors, consultants and site personnel as well as being able to work independently.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products with advanced Excel and Word experience.
The Capital Construction Budget Manager will perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Design & Construction and will report to and is supervised directly by the Assistant Vice President for Design & Construction.