DescriptionThe University of Colorado's (CU) Procurement Service Center (PSC) is a nationally recognized procurement office dedicated to using technology to enhance the university's programs and create efficiencies within policies. PSC supports the entire CU community, which includes four campuses plus system administration. CU is a public research university serving Colorado, the nation and the world through leadership in high-quality and professional training, public service, advancing research and knowledge and leading-edge health care.
The Administrative Supervisor position is responsible for ensuring that the office functions of the Procurement Service Center (PSC) operate smoothly and efficiently to provide uninterrupted support to the core functions of the PSC. The department oversees the purchasing, payables, contracts, commercial card, strategic sourcing, sustainability, and the small business program for the University of Colorado. The individual in this position will need to be able to manage timelines and processes while overseeing support staff in the day to day duties of their roles. The Administrative Supervisor reports to the Director of Procurement Systems and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
50% - Management:
- Supervise PSC administrative team, supplier support team, and any student assistants.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of electronic time sheets for direct reports.
- Oversee actions and decisions that directly impact pay, status, and tenure of these full time positions.
- Provide documentation to support recommended corrective action and disciplinary actions, developing performance plans and conducting appraisals, and resolving informal grievances.
- Coordinate schedule of student assistants, assign duties, and verify accurate completion of assigned duties.
- Manage coverage of essential administrative and supplier support functions (front desk coverage, overall supplier management, document management, etc.) in case of absences of team members.
- Provide cross-training to ensure administrative support team members are adequately trained in order to provide backup coverage for various positions. This may include:
- PSC software/system support and maintenance
- System testing
- Supplier record maintenance
- Small Business Administration
- Document Retention
- Collaborate with PSC leadership to create and revise office procedures.
- Design and develop forms and processing steps.
- Recommend efficiencies in current procedures and seek to improve operational performance.
- Ensure that all internal processes are followed to contribute to accurate payment of invoices and vouchers and ensure that appropriate documentation is in place to retain documents of record for such payments.
- Ensure that invoice intake volume goals are maintained and that team feels supported.
- Guarantee documents are retained for appropriate amount of time, document requests are accommodated, and documents are disposed of appropriately after retention period has ended.
- Ensure all documents are prepared, scanned, and linked in appropriate manner.
- Maintain scanning volume goals and manage deliverables.
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of office management and support best practices.
- Knowledge of team leadership and management best practices.
- Skilled in and the ability to utilize ImageNow system.
- Skilled in and ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Excellent written and oral communications and organization skills.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $55,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more perks and programs.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis).
- Four (4) years of experience in an office management, administrative, or related role.
- Two (2) year of experience in a management, supervisory, or leadership role.
- Professional experience in a higher education institution.
- Professional experience in procurement.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Apr 18, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing