Operations Specialist II
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number S02973P Working Title Operations Specialist II Department F&A OneSource Serv Desk About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department College/Unit/Department website Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Full/Part time Full Time Work Schedule Additional Schedule Information
Monday – Friday 8am-5pmAdvertised Salary Commensurate with Experience Posting Date 04/18/2019 Open until filled Yes Closing Date Proposed Starting Date 05/01/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants Location of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification Title Office/Clerical Assistant Pay Grade 057 FLSA Non-Exempt Job Family Business And Finance FTE 1.0 Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualificaitons.Preferred Qualifications Position Summary
This position will staff the Service Desk in support of UGA’s OneSource project. The successful applicants will work collaboratively with Service Desk Manager, project personnel, volunteers, and consultants to deliver a quality program that
effectively addresses UGA culture and expectations, and integrates best practices, technology tools and communication pathways to ensure adequate support. The position reports directly to the Service Desk Manager on UGA’s OneSource Project.
This is a temporary position funded through June 30, 2019.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent consultative skills.
- Excellent detail-orientation and organization skills.
- Foundational understanding of customer service priorities.
- Open to change
-Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Normal office environmentIs driving required to perform essential duties outlined in this position? (This does not include infrequent trips) The successful candidate would have to provide proof that s/he has a valid driver's license when offered employment. Does this position have financial responsibilities? No Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
- Possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to handle Level 1 policy, procedure and operational questions across all OneSource topics with high customer service standards
- Use case management technology and telephone system systems
- Recognize and triage level 2 and level 3 questions to appropriate support staff
- Review and facilitate cases through process flows within the Service Desk and in collaboration with the EITS Help Desk, F&A functional units and USG Shared Services
- Follow-up with customers as needed with open cases or tickets
- Assist in maintaining a client knowledgebase that addresses current and emerging situationsPercentage of time 10 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
- Assist with reporting and other service desk management responsibilitiesPercentage of time 10 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
- Suggest and assist in developing topics for continuous improvement for client lifecycle management to the Communications and Training teams, assist with training for internal and external customersPercentage of time 5 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.Percentage of time 5 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter