Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-18
The International Studies Office is seeking a Business Manager. The International Studies Office is a University-wide resource dedicated to providing the expertise and infrastructure necessary to bring international students and scholars to UVA and to facilitate education abroad opportunities for all UVA students. Working closely with the Director of the ISO, this position will be responsible for a number of administrative responsibilities.
- Plan departmental budget needs by analyzing short and long term program plans.
- Project possible levels of support from multiple sources of funding.
- Manage all financial functions for the department with emphasis on education abroad programs, including budgets, billing, accounting, and enrollment.
- Oversee and manage negotiations with domestic and international vendors.
- Work closely with faculty, staff, and education abroad advisors to provide affordable international opportunities for students.
- Supervise departmental fiscal and administrative staff.
- Work closely with academic and operational departments across Grounds with regard to meeting institutional global initiative goals.
- May oversee or coordinate the operations of associated service groups.
- Serve as pre-and post-award research administrator and may coordinate with a school wide office.
- Responsible for a variety of human resources activities including recruitment, classification and compensation analysis, employee relations, advising on faculty HR policies and procedures and answering HR process questions across employee types.
- Coordinate space use and facilities planning.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field, with four years of increasingly responsible management and administrative responsibility.
- At least two years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, as demonstrated by the independent preparation of financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Ability to organize complex information and provide specialized advice.
- Ability to manage the activities of the team or program.
- Ability to align program with University, state, and federal policies.
- Deep knowledge of financial, operational, and administrative policies and procedures. Mastery of program information.
- Ability to advise team appropriately. Understanding of the importance of internal controls and their consistent implementation.
- Demonstrate outstanding oral and written communication in daily interactions.
- Demonstrate experience building, leading, motivating, and assessing, small professional teams. Knowledge or ability to learn HR principles and procedures, which may include recruiting candidates, training personnel, making compensation recommendations, and managing data in personnel information systems.
- Ability to advise team on the implementation and modification of technological components of financial operations management. Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret information for senior University leaders. Ability to oversee team training and access University systems.
- 5 years of experience.
- Experience with travel planning.
This position will remain open until filled. The anticipated hiring range is $62,000 - $82,000.
For questions about the application process please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Academic Recruiter, [email protected].
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0005206”. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Four years of increasingly responsible management and administrative responsibility is required. Two years of supervisory experience is required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.