Sustainability Academic Program Manager
The Sustainability in the Urban Environment Program at City College of New York is an innovative, interdisciplinary graduate program that draws upon emerging approaches in the disciplines of architecture, engineering, science, and social sciences and leads to a Master of Science in Sustainability. The Academic Program Manager for the Sustainability program will support the Director by implementing general program administration tasks. These tasks include but are not limited to:
• Assist Director with strategic curricular planning, work with Curriculum Committee to prepare new elective course proposals, and submit experimental course applications.
• Collaborate with program faculty on classroom logistical issues; administer course and teacher surveys; plan and execute capstone project presentation events, receptions, and orientations; and help develop, refine, and administer the capstone project program.
• Support enrolled students with ongoing email and phone communications, periodic academic advising, letters of support, assistance with course registration, reminders of key processes and deadlines, and liaison with Registrar, Bursar, and Financial Aid.
• Support the recruitment and administering of adjunct faculty and capstone project instructors, and coordinate with Human Resources to implement on-boarding paperwork and set up and execute payment processes.
• Manage admissions activities and liaison with Graduate Admissions Office; prepare submitted applications for Admissions Committee; manage all communications with applicants.
• Manage the program budget processes, including planning and tracking semesterly expenditures, overseeing the surcharge collection process, and managing tax-levy and RF-CUNY expenditures.
• Write and edit program informational and promotional documents, respond to inquiries from potential applicants, and serve as a resource expert with respect to program policies and procedures.
• Supervise one or more College Assistants who help with updates to the website, and compiling/editing of information for periodic announcements for students and alumni.
• Represent the program Director at meetings and events, and serve as spokesperson for the program at recruitment and promotional events.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply as follows:
• Go to https://cuny.jobs/
• Do a keyword search using the Job ID number—“20481”
• Alternatively, search using “Academic Program Manager”
• Once you’ve accessed the position, scroll down and click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. CLOSING DATE: May 15, 2019.