Executive Assistant to the COO
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will support the COO to execute the organization’s operational goals. The Executive Assistant manages the COO’s calendar, correspondence, and travel to ensure that the COO is focused on tasks that service key operational priorities for the organization. An important responsibility is to ensure that operational information is communicated in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.Responsibilities
• Provide complex, diverse and confidential administrative support.
• Assist in the administration of the Director’s office, including scheduling meetings, arranging travel, greeting guests and other tasks as assigned
• Draft original and routine correspondence for COO’s signature.• Collect and prepare information for use in discussions and meetings of Executive staff and outside individuals as well as department team.• Coordinate, create, edit and assemble slides for presentations and assists with collecting and effectively presenting executive-level information. • Arrange department and group meetings ensuring all necessary information and support is available. • Assist in tracking department level projects, activities and results. • Manage all travel arrangements, prepare itineraries and complete expense reports. • Independently and proactively provide support and anticipate the needs of the COO. Manage the calendar proactively to make effective and efficient use of time and resources.• Manage deliverables for the COO and provide any necessary reporting.• Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes as directed.• Lead or participate on project teams related to a range of operational matters• Support the COO’s participation in staff meetings, departmental meetings, Senior Management meetings, and Department of Energy meetings; record meeting minutes and follow up action items related to such meetings• Develop and maintain appropriate document filing systems, and ensure compliance with records retention procedures• Assist with office management responsibilities in the Director’s Office Suite, collaborating with other Executive Assistants • Coordinate events, both on and off site as needed•Track and reconcile expenses and submit expense reports in a timely manner
•Other duties as assigned by the COOQualifications
• Bachelor’s degree plus two or more years of professional work history; six or more total years of post-secondary professional work history in lieu of Bachelor’s degree considered. • 4+ years executive administrative experience, C-level experience preferred. • Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office and comfortable learning new technology. • Must be a U.S. Citizen • Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondences and other communications quickly with minimum direction.• Keen attention to detail with ability to track and manage multiple projects at one time• Proactive and service-oriented• Self-directed and able to work without supervision• Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.• Acts with sense of urgency and understands need for responsiveness • Ability to develop professional working relationships with key operational contacts, both internal and external
Desired Experience and Skills:
• Experience facilitating meetings• Ability to act efficiently on last minute projects• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point / general computer literacy• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate the completion of large administrative projects in a timely manner, including meeting strict deadlines• Familiarity working with organizational budgets• Ease in getting along with team members at all levels• Consistency and a high degree of quality in work• Excellent judgment, discretion, and diplomacy• Ability to learn concepts and processes quickly
• Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs, with or without accommodation.• Sitting, standing, walking and bending, with or without accommodation.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeADM, 02Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo