Development Services Data Specialist
The Data Specialist is a key member of the team responsible for maintaining Development operations for Bard College, including database management, fiscal administration, fundraising reporting, data integrity, and data security. Reporting to the Director of Development Services, the Development Services Data Specialist will help to support the data needs of fundraising and special events professionals throughout the Bard Network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in the Banner Advancement system to maintain data accuracy on behalf of ODAA in accordance with data entry policy and procedures
- Process new data into the database system
- Train and support staff throughout Bard in use of ODAA’s self-service reporting tools
- Operate system interfaces for gift entry, fund creation, gift restrictions and audit reporting
- Comply with all IRS, FASB, and NYPMIFA regulations related to development activities.
- Create and run reports and data extracts for ODAA team members and other campus units
- Produce prospect and donor lists as well as targeted mailing lists for communications, appeal solicitations, invitations, and events as requested
- Provide support to ODAA team members and frontline fundraisers to meet information needs
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs spreadsheet and word-processing
- Experience with a reporting tool of any kind (MS Access, Crystal Reports, Oracle Reporting, Cognos, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and attend to multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Superior attention to detail and deadlines and evidence of problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Integrity in handling sensitive or confidential information
- Customer service-oriented disposition
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast paced environment
- Ability to participate in campus wide events as needed, some weekends and evenings possible
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Specific familiarity with Ellucian Banner, iModules, or evisions Argos software
- Strong plus for knowledge of fundraising principles and practice
- Knowledge of any variant of the SQL query language
- Experience with any CRM system
- Familiarity with any data analysis tools (Python, R, SaS, etc.)
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/62534.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.