Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title NURSE PRACTITIONER Position Number 8100118 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus Department Name WELLNESS CENTER Location Code WELLNESS CTR LSC (03830A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers direct health care services to students involving evaluation and management of a wide range of acute and chronic health problems.
- Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations and diagnoses conditions.
- Orders laboratory tests and interprets results.
- Prescribes medication based on established medical criteria and evaluates outcomes.
- Provides patient education.
- Refers patients to physicians for consult as needed.
- Precepts graduate nursing students.
- Consults and provides guidance to staff nurses.
- Delivers presentations to the University community on health care topics.
- Performs related duties as required.
-Travel to Water Tower Campus Wellness Center required during summer semester, and occasionally during the fall and spring semester as needed.
Master’s degree in nursing and three years of related experience, with the desire to work with college aged students. National certification as adult or Family Nurse Practitioner and current RN license required. Interest in working with a college population. Some experience in higher education required. Commitment to diversity.Qualifications
Master’s degree in nursing and three years of related experience, with the desire and interest in working with college aged students. National certification as adult or Family Nurse Practitioner and current Advanced practice/ RN license required. Commitment to diversity.
Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities, including symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures. Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills. Ability to emphasize with individuals of all ages, particularly college-aged. Ability to act with discretion and keep confidentiality intact.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses
Masters Degree in Nursing
National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner-Family or Adult Gerontology
Current APRN and RN license for the State of Illinois required
Experience with EMR preferred.Supervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? Yes Physical Demands None Working Conditions Animals, Infectious Diseases, None Open Date 04/18/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/10793 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree in nursing?
- * Do you have a minimum of three years of related experience?
- * Do you have a national certification as a nurse practitioner?
- * Do you have a current APRN and RN license for the State of Illinois?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application