DIR BASKETBALL OPER-MENS
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title DIR BASKETBALL OPERATIONS Position Number 8100448 Job Category University Staff Job Type No Response FLSA Status Exempt Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus Department Name ATHLETICS Location Code ATHLETICS - GENERAL PROGRAM (03300A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Men’s Basketball Operations is required to abide by the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Missouri Valley and Loyola University Chicago. The position is responsible for the oversight and organizational efficiency of the administrative operations of the Men’s Basketball program in compliance with institutional, NCAA, and conference regulations that includes the following:
- In consultation with the head coach and approval of the Director of Athletics, coordinates with the sport administrator the scheduling of conference and non-conference games.
- Serves as intradepartmental liaison to sport administrator in the areas of Compliance, Facilities, Academics, Admissions, Residence Life, Financial Aid, Sports Information and Sports Medicine; coordinates summer jobs program and community outreach with department’s student-athlete development leadership staff.
- Responsible for budget oversight.
- Coordinates team travel, game day operations, practice security, and court set-up.
- Coordinates video exchange.
- Assists the staff in the permissible non-coaching staff recruiting activities that includes arrangement of meals, entertainment, transportation, tours and preparation of recruiting documentation that are consistent with departmental policy and compliance regulations.
- Coordinates the operations and management of youth, high school and team camps.
- Evaluates and implements equipment and facility needs.
- Assists with team marketing and promotional activities, attends promotional events, community activities, and fundraisers.
- Performs related duties as required or directed by the Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least two to three years of related experience required. Experience as a student-athlete considered.Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively plan, coordinate, execute and fulfill responsibilities with multiple deadlines in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be able to anticipate, troubleshoot, and resolve problems proactively and consistent with high quality work product.
- Experience with working cooperatively with culturally diverse groups and administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.Supervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? Physical Demands Lifting, Carrying, Standing, Repetitive Motions Working Conditions Noise, Irregular Hours Open Date 04/18/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/10791 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field?
- * Do you have at least two years of related experience?
- * Do you have comprehensive knowledge of NCAA and Missouri Valley Conference rules, regulations, processes, interpretations, appeals and governance structure?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application