Event Coordinator - LSC
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title EVENT COORDINATOR Position Number 8102369 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus Department Name STUDENT COMPLEXES Location Code CONFERENCE SERVICES (07040A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
-Under General Supervision the Event Coordinator – LSC will assist internal and external clients for the University with support for conference related events.
-The Event Coordinator WTC directly assists clients with the scheduling and event coordination.
This position will work directly with guests on their room/housing reservations (individual dates as well as multiple dates) guest check in/out, process payments, golf cart transportation and housekeeping support service in guest rooms.
– This position will create, manage and implement the schedule of student staff in event setups and support including room setups and audio visual support and/or other task as directed to support the department.
-The Event Coordinator – LSC will meet with student staff to assess, plan and execute daily facility/building operations and support services.
- This position will develop and train student staff in emergency evacuation procedures during events and overnight stays.
-This position works independently and performs professional work using established policies, procedures and guidelines; does related work as required.
-The Event Coordinator – LSC will work closely with campus partners including facilities, catering, media, public safety, and college liaisons on event and guest housing information when needed.
This position will assist with the processing of all event related contracts, ensuring submissions and adherence to University policies and guidelines, as well as ensuring payments are processed in a timely manner.
-The Event Coordinator – LSC will have contact with and serve the needs of prospective clients and will deliver customer service functions including phone and email coverage.
-This position also requires training & directing student staff and operating a department year round, including during the busy summer season.
- This position will track and maintain facility related inventory that is critical to the operation. This includes but not limited to furniture (tables/chairs/bedding), various technology and audio-visual, and other general support equipment.
-The Event Coordinator – LSC will assist WTC with events, housing, and hotel support and client services when needed. This position must be flexible and work evenings, overnights and weekends in order to operational support the events and housing operations.
-Performs other duties required.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. One to two years of event planning or related experience.Qualifications
- Need strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized while multitasking and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Proficient with computers and ability to use Ms office suite.Supervisory Responsibilities Yes Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No Physical Demands Lifting, Carrying, Standing, Climbing, Crawling/Kneeling, Repetitive Motions Working Conditions Irregular Hours Open Date 04/18/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/10789 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent?
- * Do you have a minimum of one year of event planning or related experience?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application