Client Computing Specialist I #498379
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 20111748 Position Title Client Computing Specialist I #498379 Template Title Position Type Staff Position Number Department IT Library Lab Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Support client computing systems in workplaces, classrooms and labs to enable efficient and effective use of information technology resources. Troubleshoot computing issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide customer training and assistance as required. Assist with operational improvements through development of standards and procedures for managing client computing technology efficiently. Provide support for the use of multimedia and audio-visual technology in the classroom and at special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Install, diagnose, maintain, and repair a variety of software and hardware, including workstations, mobile devices and networked peripherals.
•Package, test, troubleshoot and repair software installations.
•Recommend, schedule, and perform client computing hardware and peripheral equipment improvements and upgrades.
•Research, evaluate and recommend solutions that will increase efficiency, reduce cost and improve service.
•Develop and follow standard operating procedures for managing client computing.
•Install, troubleshoot and resolve issues with classroom audio visual equipment.
•Accurately receive and record client computing problems and questions reported by university community.
•Maintain records and supplies associated with assignment.
•Work collaboratively in teams on a variety of projects.
•Establish and maintain effective communication with customers, other technology specialists and vendors.
•Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
•Associates degree in related area with at least two years of relevant experience.
•A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
•Working knowledge of current operating systems including Windows and Mac OS, Microsoft Office, printers, basic multimedia systems and e-mail applications.
•Technical knowledge of networked and stand-alone PC and MAC software, Windows registry, file systems and basic network concepts.
•Knowledge of basic computer troubleshooting techniques for Windows and MAC OS.
•Ability to listen to customers, and quickly analyze, identify root cause, and resolve problems using creative solutions.
•Read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation.
•Conduct research on computer issues, technologies and products to identify and recommend innovative solutions.
•Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Prioritize and manage time effectively.
•Maintain accurate records.
•Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse population.
•May be required to move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
•Professional certifications such as CompTIA (A+, Network+), Microsoft (MCSA, MCITP, etc.) or HDI (Desktop Support Technician or Support Center Analyst) preferred.
•Experience with enterprise endpoint management solutions, such as Dell KACE, Microsoft SCCM, IBM Endpoint Manager, CFEngine, LANDesk, Altiris etc.
•Experience in the use of Microsoft Active Directory or other directory service, including group and object management, policy tasks, access control and authorization.
•Experienced using scripting languages & batch files to automate tasks.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary $30,000 Work Hours Application Information Posting Date 04/18/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? FAILURE TO EMAIL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PER THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY IMPACT VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: To claim Veteran's Preference under the law you must be: (1) a veteran, including a veteran with a disability; (2) a surviving spouse of a veteran killed on active duty who has not remarried; or (3) an orphan of a veteran if the veteran was killed while on active duty. If claiming Veteran's Preference, you MUST immediately email to [email protected] your specific supporting documentation at the time of application such as the DD Form 214 (member 4 copy), AND, if applicable, the Dept of Veteran's Affairs Verification of Disability Benefits Letter if claiming a service related disability, a DD Form 1300 to include qualifying Death, Birth, and Marriage Certificates if claiming surviving spouse/orphan. Your email MUST also include your name, position number, job title and the department for each position you are applying for. Documents received after a position closes will not be accepted.
- * What is the highest level of education have you obtained?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Some College Credits
- High School Diploma or GED
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Please rate your knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Beginner - Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Word & Excel)
- Intermediate - Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Moderate - Knowledge & Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Expert - Knowledge & Experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook))
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1