DescriptionGeorgia State University has grown in size and stature into a leading research and educational institution all the while retaining its core values of access, diversity and excellence. The College of Arts and Sciences is at the heart of this global transformation. Representing Georgia State University’s largest academic college, with 25 departments, schools and institutes spread across four distinct academic areas (Fine Arts, Humanities, Natural and Computational Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences), the College of Arts and Sciences has placed an emphasis on international research & education.
The college’s 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs connect an extraordinarily diverse group of students to top-notch faculty, world-class facilities, and all the opportunities of a global city. Faculty and students in the college work together both within and across disciplines on crucial social, cultural, and scientific issues. The college is home to researchers who collaborate on topics including brain function, drug design, biostatistics, urban health and urban environments, language acquisition and development, gerontology, understanding new media and digital arts, ethics and human rights, among many others. Additionally, the college works with local communities on research, service, and teaching projects of mutual benefit.
The COAS, Chemistry Department is seeking to hire an Accountant III. The scope of responsibilities for this position include these essential duties but is not limited to the following:
- Supervises Accountant II, verifies availability of funds, coordinates purchasing of equipment over $25K, service and maintenance agreements and contracts, approves all vouchers and purchase requisitions from departmental accounts as well as sponsored related accounts.
- Assists and advises Business Manager with financial administration of state funding to make informative decisions based on College Financial Offers requirements and requests.
- Manages Foundation accounts, expenditure reports, web invoicing, and disbursement processing in accordance with GSU Foundation policies and procedures. Including establishing G&F accouns as needed.
- Manages the financial and invoicing activities for a portfolio of sponsored projects and state funding in accordance with terms, conditions, state, and BOR policies and procedures. Submit Prior Period Adjustments as needed.
- Monitors sponsored, state, and cost share project financial activity to ensure all expenditures are within Institute, Federal and State regulations, and terms and conditions stated in the sponsored project agreement. Resolves discrepancies in accounting records.
- Processes journal entries for all department service and sales accounts, quasi revenue accounts, and correct any charges that posted to general ledger incorrectly.
- Reviews monthly Purchase Card statements and receipts all P-card holders and ensures accuracy and completion of reporting to the Purchasing Department.
- Performs other professional duties as assigned.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience. Must be bondable for some positions.
College/Business Unit04/23/19, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: College of Arts & Sciences
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/18/19, 9:52:14 AM