Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mathematics & Science
5/2/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general direction, perform the following major functions in the school; collect, compile, classify, maintain, and report a variety of program data; plan and promote special events; develop and prepare promotional materials. Monitor funding, perform detailed record keeping functions, prepare financial information and reports. Serve as liaison between offices and assist in centralizing all pertinent documentation that will keep the grant in compliance with Federal and state regulations as well as Chaffey College policy. May direct the work of student assistants.
Positions in this classification are assigned some combination of the following duties:
• Assist in the development and maintenance of databases and tracking procedures for various types of program data; document activities and outcomes; organize data for internal and external reports; maintain manual and electronic files and records.
• Serve as a liaison between supervisor, grant administrator, and funding agencies, and provide a variety of administrative assistance to various groups such as college staff, students, or community groups.
• Assist in the development and preparation of reports, board items, budgets, and grant proposals; collect data and provide research assistance for various studies and reports; provide technical assistance to other staff in areas such as budget preparation, recordkeeping, editing, and computer and software usages.
• Perform detailed record keeping/bookkeeping functions for several programs; work closely with the grant administrator and funding agency to ensure compliance with the specific grant, Federal, and State regulations as well as Chaffey College policy.
• Monitor funds for assigned programs; process various fiscal transactions.
• Prepare a wide variety of financial information, reports, complex spreadsheets, correspondence, state and Federal reports.
• Reconcile financial information and accounts; research and resolve discrepancies.
• Support a variety of departments and organizations in the establishment and maintenance of budgets.
• Participate in planning and hosting college functions, classroom presentations, and outreach events.
• Provide support in the development, preparation, and circulation of promotional materials.
• Attend regularly scheduled grant meetings and compile summary notes.
• Assist in directing the day-to-day activities of student workers.
• Provide clerical assistance when needed.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with both internal and external contacts at varying organizational levels.
• Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with staff, administrators, faculty, students, and others contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare statistical and narrative reports with a strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping procedures.
• Keyboard skills and computer experience, which includes word processing, spreadsheets, database software, and strong knowledge of Internet and e-mail communication.
• Understand and follow written instruction.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
• Associate Degree.
• Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Desktop Publisher, PowerPoint).
Working Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://chaffey.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=2&c=chaffey. The application package must include a completed Online District Employment Application, completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the minimum qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter
• Copy of college level transcripts (if you are using your education to meet
• the qualifications) (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Starting date: as soon as possible. Must be able to work varied hours as assigned. Range 16 of the CSEA Salary Schedule, with a starting salary of Step A, $3,919/month. Excellent benefit package.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency