Adjunct Faculty, Massage Instructor
Whatcom Community College invites applications for a part-time, adjunct faculty position to teach in the Massage Program beginning Fall Quarter 2019.
Being a faculty member at Whatcom offers the opportunity to engage in the advancement of equitable student outcomes and the elimination of equity gaps. Faculty have regular opportunities for on-campus professional development, collaboration with colleagues, and engagement in workshops and learning communities. These opportunities contribute to professional advancement at the College, as well as personal growth. This position supports all four of the College's four core themes – achieving success, building community, advancing equity, and enhancing effectiveness.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- A current Washington State Massage License.
- 5 years of experience as a licensed massage therapist.
- Experience teaching massage.
- Experience teaching Kinesiology.
- Experience in various modalities of massage (i.e. Thai massage, Sports Massage, Shiatsu, etc.).
- Commitment to excellence and quality in massage instruction.
- Experience with instructional technology.
- Actively contributes to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of the College's mission.
- An understanding of the mission of a community college.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities.
- A desire to provide a unique and quality experience for students.
- Based on the current adjunct salary schedule.
- Fall Quarter 2019.
Application Due Date:
- For best consideration, applications should be received by Monday, May 6th, 2019 at 4:59 pm. Position is open until filled. The selected applicant will be required to submit proof of current licensure in Washington State.
To apply please visit us at: